KTU’s MSc Textile and Clothing Technology is one of its kind in Lithuania. The study programme’s curriculum combines the provision of scientific knowledge with the latest insights on technological achievements and is based on the efficient interaction among studies, science, and business.
During your studies, you will acquire an understanding of original, complex and experimental methods used to create innovative solutions in the textile and clothing industry and research. You will learn methods to solve classic and innovative textile engineering and textile finishing problems will understand the principles, related to the quality management of textile products.
Deep knowledge of textile and clothing products and technologies enables our graduates to create textile innovations while efficiently using contemporary technological and technical equipment. After your studies, you will be equipped with competencies to implement scientific and technological innovations in the textile industry, to carry out scientific and experimental research.
You will become an independent thinker, able to analyse the results of your research and to associate them with the changing professional environment creatively. These studies are a great opportunity for those willing to influence the textile and clothing industry and its sustainable development.
What will you study?
- Products: materials, innovations, functionality, creation, and modification
- Technologies: production, process management, finishing, implementation, equipment.
- Research: structure, properties, quality, assessment.
- Management: technological processes, quality control, and social responsibility.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
- a university Bachelor’s degree(min. length – 180 ECTS) in the field with a good average grade (min. CGPA>60%),
- proficiency in English: IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, GRE or equivalent.
English Language requirements
- Accepted proof of proficiency: Cambridge English, IELTS, TOEFL or other equivalent
- IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, GRE or equivalent.
- If your previous studies have been fully in English and it is marked on your degree certificate or transcript, or noted in a confirmation from the school which confirms that your studies have been fully in English language, additional English test may not be required.
- If an applicant does not have any official test, online examination may be organised by KTU.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
All international students automatically become candidates to receive the Scholarship for International Students, which is assigned for first-year Bachelor or Master students with strong academic records and motivation.
The residents of European Union countries and the global citizens of Lithuanian origin can apply for state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who fall into one of the aforementioned categories, will participate in the general admission’s competition for state-funded study places and get the chance to study free of charge, depending on their admission score.
Tuition fee: € 4,787 per year
All EU citizens are eligible for state funding. Please contact us for more information.
Awards: MSc (Textile and Clothing Technology)
Credits: 120 ECTS
- Knows basics of the most advanced textile technologies and technologies for finishing of textiles;
- Knows design of textiles and textile products, designs textile products, creates composite materials, optimises their properties and production processes for quality assurance;
- Structures and analyses information about industrial and market development trends, individually generates ideas, researches technological processes, properties and quality of textile products;
- Applies science innovations and engineering principles in creation of new textiles with optimal properties and their systems, adapts standard research methods for atypical textile research.
- Able to apply acquired technological knowledge about the principles, methods of design of textiles and textile products, in formulation and implementation of design task while creating new textile products;
- Able to apply new methods to solve problems and implement solutions of textile engineering; understands the significance of application of sustainable development and clean production;
- Able to apply integrated science innovations and engineering principles in creation of new textiles with optimal properties and their systems, adapt standard research methods for atypical textile research.
About this institute
Kaunas University of Technology
Established in 1922, Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) provides studies and research in all areas answering the demands of today’s ever-changing world. Ranked the 1st in Lithuania by alumni employability and student satisfaction, KTU is among the top 500 world...
Why study at Kaunas University of Technology
KTU, the main provider of research services for business and industry, one of the most active science institutions in Lithuania boasts impressive research facilities. In addition to state-of-the-art laboratories designed for studies, such as FabLab, Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab, Auto Diagnostics Lab and others, the laboratories of Santaka Valley and the Faculties equipped with the newest technology are open to student research and studies.
Want to know more about Master in Textile and Clothing Technology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Liberec, Czech Republic