About this program
Today, the only way for organisations to stay up to date is to be able to operate sustainably. It is therefore crucial that not only the outcomes of production but also its management and processes are aligned to the principles of sustainable development. This requires experts in sustainable management and production, excellent leaders that can help organisations improve on a global scale.
KTU master’s studies in Sustainable Management and Production merge three different fields: environmental engineering, manufacturing engineering, and business. It is a combination of interdisciplinary knowledge and skills with a solid basis in engineering science, that is necessary for future leaders and innovators.
Studying at KTU, you will gain an understanding of applied engineering and holistic life cycle approach, acquire a unique ability to systematically assess the consequences of decisions in terms of environmental, economic and technological aspects. Our students are educated on complex interactions and interdependencies between economic decisions, technological solutions and innovations, they gain an understanding of the relationships among market forces, policies and the environment.
This course is developed with people who are already working in mind – you will be able to combine distance and classroom activities. In our study process, we encourage learning through independent work and expanding theoretical knowledge, teamwork and practical competencies at the evening lectures, which can be also joined remotely. Some classes will take place on Saturdays – classroom lectures, group and practical seminars. You will also be able to attend consultations at the Institute of Environmental Engineering.
Our graduates are equipped with strong interlinked competencies in engineering and management. After graduation, you will contribute to design, production and management activities of the value chain considering the limits of natural resources, following sustainability procedures, and at the same time managing business and production risks to guarantee competitiveness. You will be able to use your knowledge in international or local organisations, demonstrating leadership in sustainable development.
- For educating preventive environmental management specialists the study programme received international environmental Energy Globe
- Recognized as the best engineering study programme in Europe for the education of sustainable industrial development specialists, awarded with QUESTE-SI quality assurance label
- Advanced study methods used: real industry environmental problems are solved in cooperation with the practitioners
- Effective combination of mandatory and elective courses allows designing an individual study plan
- Research-based studies: Sustainable Management and Production is the only one program coordinated by a research institute (KTU Institute of Environmental Engineering)
What will you study?
- Environment: sustainable development, policy, impact assessment, ecology
- Prevention: analysis, management, liability, forecasting
- Innovations: production, technologies, projects, economics
- Resources: ecosystem, management, renewable energy, sustainable consumption
- Maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible.
- Minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject.
- Proficiency in English
- IELTS ≥5.5, TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B1, or equivalent
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
For more information about scholarship, please visit the university website
Scholarships & funding
All international students automatically become candidates to receive the Scholarship for International Students, which is assigned for first-year Bachelor or Master students with strong academic records and motivation.
The residents of European Union countries and the global citizens of Lithuanian origin can apply for state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who fall into one of the aforementioned categories, will participate in the general admission’s competition for state-funded study places and get the chance to study free of charge, depending on their admission score.
Tuition fee: € 4,787 per year
All EU citizens are eligible for state funding. Please contact us for more information.
Master of Engineering Sciences
- Policy and planning manager
- Production process and product development specialist
- Environmental management specialist / consultant / expert
- Manager / project manager of the company / division
- Ecology engineer
- Specialist / manager of the business for social responsibility and sustainable development
Message the school
About this institute
Kaunas University of Technology
Established in 1922, Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) provides studies and research in all areas answering the demands of today’s ever-changing world. Ranked the 1st in Lithuania by alumni employability and student satisfaction, KTU is among the top 500 world...
Why study at Kaunas University of Technology
KTU, the main provider of research services for business and industry, one of the most active science institutions in Lithuania boasts impressive research facilities. In addition to state-of-the-art laboratories designed for studies, such as FabLab, Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab, Auto Diagnostics Lab and others, the laboratories of Santaka Valley and the Faculties equipped with the newest technology are open to student research and studies.
Want to know more about Master in Sustainable Management and Production? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!