With the increasing need for “green” industrial processes that would be both cost-efficient and sustainable, the contemporary world relies on industrial biotechnology experts more than ever.
KTU’s master study programme in Industrial Biotechnology focuses on new research areas, which are bridging the competencies’ gap between different science and industry fields: production of bioproducts, synthesis of biologically active compounds, enzyme technology, bioprocess engineering, environmental biotechnology, renewable technology.
KTU MSc Industrial Biotechnology study programme equips its graduates with the skills to develop, produce, and analyse chemical compounds, materials, and fuel by applying innovative biotechnology methods. During your studies, you will gain competencies to model, optimise, and manage bio-processes and will be able to use your skills and knowledge in industrial biotechnology to produce biofuel, chemical substances or consumer goods of high-added value.
KTU industrial biotechnology graduates are praised by employers for their acquired technological knowledge, understanding of contemporary research equipment, and excellent planning and management skills.
- You will acquire education for working in the most rapidly growing global industry sector
- The study programme contains fully completed and continuously enhanced technical infrastructure for laboratory research
- These studies have been designed to combine fundamental and practical knowledge
What will you study?
- Materials: organic chemistry products in industry, polymers, food additives, biofuel
- Bioactive compounds: development of new products, technologies, production, analysis
- Analysis: chromatography, spectroscopy
- Biotechnologies: bio-processes, design, modelling, optimisation, management, environment protection
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
- a university Bachelor’s degree(min. length – 180 ECTS) in Engineering, Physical, Technology, Life, Health, Veterinary or Agricultural study field degree; ≥18 ECTS completed in the Biotechnology study field subjects with average grade (min. CGPA>60%),
- proficiency in English: IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, GRE or equivalent.
English Language requirements
- Accepted proof of proficiency: Cambridge English, IELTS, TOEFL, or another equivalent
- IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85 or equivalent to C1 and higher
- or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) standardized admission test.
- If your previous studies have been fully in English and it is marked on your degree certificate or transcript, or noted in confirmation from the school which confirms that your studies have been fully in the English language, an additional English test may not be required.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
All international students automatically become candidates to receive the Scholarship for International Students, which is assigned for first-year Bachelor or Master students with strong academic records and motivation.
The residents of European Union countries and the global citizens of Lithuanian origin can apply for state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who fall into one of the aforementioned categories, will participate in the general admission’s competition for state-funded study places and get the chance to study free of charge, depending on their admission score.
Tuition fee: €4,300 per year
Awards: MSc (Master of Technological Sciences)
Credits: 120 ECTS
- Application of knowledge in formulation and solving of engineering and biotechnical problems;
- Selection of biotechnological equipment, analytical and modelling techniques understanding of biosynthesis stages of bio products;
- Knowledge and characterisation of biological system in production of bio products.
- Able to perform analytical analysis of various technological processes, plan and conduct experimental research, analyse and assess experiment’s results;
- Able to select suitable technological parameters, apply computer modelling in biotechnological processes;
- Able to work with biotechnological equipment and devices used in production of bio products;
- Able to apply assessment instruments for financial efficiency of technological development projects;
- Able to summarise achievement and innovations of industrial biotechnology.
Extensive career opportunities
Having general basics and knowledge in the field of biotechnology and practical skills, masters will be able to conduct research and work in various research and production companies acting in the fields of biotechnology, biochemistry, chemistry, and other related technologies. Interests of employers are ranging from a qualified narrow-profile biotechnologist in a large industrial company to a wide-profile biotechnologist in medium and small-scale business structure. Career possibilities from senior laboratory assistant to production (company) director.
About this institute
Kaunas University of Technology
Established in 1922, Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) provides studies and research in all areas answering the demands of today’s ever-changing world. Ranked the 1st in Lithuania by alumni employability and student satisfaction, KTU is among the top 500 world...
Why study at Kaunas University of Technology
KTU, the main provider of research services for business and industry, one of the most active science institutions in Lithuania boasts impressive research facilities. In addition to state-of-the-art laboratories designed for studies, such as FabLab, Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab, Auto Diagnostics Lab and others, the laboratories of Santaka Valley and the Faculties equipped with the newest technology are open to student research and studies.
Want to know more about Master in Industrial Biotechnology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...