While we shouldn’t overindulge in thinking about the catastrophic future scenarios of science fiction, but… the future belongs to robots! They will drive us around, will take care of our houses, mow our lawn, prepare drinks or food for us. This is already happening – according to research, the number of robots currently in the global workforce is 2.25 million and has doubled since 2010.
Upon completion of the bachelor’s study programme in Intelligent Robotics Systems at KTU, you will be able to develop, design, install and service robots and their systems for use both in households and industries, such as aerospace or military.
You will learn to program and to train robots, to analyse electromechanical processes, to control complex equipment, to use computer vision or the Internet of Things.
While studying in this study programme you will practice in the laboratories equipped with the latest technology at the University and in the training centres of international companies such as Festo, Siemens, Schneider Electric, PhoenixContact, Wonderware, Allen Bradley.
- State-of-the-art research facilities established and supported by business partners such as Schneider Electric, Siemens, ABB, Festo, etc.
- Exclusive access to EduNet laboratory by Phoenix Contact for KTU students
- Talented students can join an advanced study path of KTU GIFTed Community
What will you study?
- Robot mechanics: components, active forces, mechanisms
- PLC‘s: structure, working principles, possibilities
- Computational senses: signal (video, audio) recognition, analysis, optimisation
- Robot intellect: designing, programming, modelling, control
High school / secondary education (or higher)
- a senior high school diploma with a good average grade (min. CGPA >60 %)
- maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible
- minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject: final exams of Mathematics and Physics.
English Language requirements
- Accepted proof of proficiency: Cambridge English, IELTS, TOEFL or other equivalent
- IELTS ≥5.5, TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B2, or equivalent
- or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) standardised admission test.
- If your previous studies have been fully in English and it is marked on your degree certificate or transcript, or noted in a confirmation from the school which confirms that your studies have been fully in English language, additional English test may not be required.
- If an applicant does not have any official test, online examination may be organised by KTU.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Engineering mechanics
- Kinematics, statics and dynamics of robots
Design of robot and their control systems
- The project of a robotic system
- Robot end effectors
- Electric drives
- Applied electronics
Programming of robots
- Microprocessor systems
- Image processing and recognition
- Control systems and programming of robots
- Automation devices and systems
- Mobile robots
Modelling and experimental analysis
- Modelling of robotised systems
- Computational intelligence methods
- Real-time systems
- Automatic control theory
Scholarships & funding
All international students automatically become candidates to receive the Scholarship for International Students, which is assigned for first-year Bachelor or Master students with strong academic records and motivation.
The residents of European Union countries and the global citizens of Lithuanian origin can apply for state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who fall into one of the aforementioned categories, will participate in the general admission’s competition for state-funded study places and get the chance to study free of charge, depending on their admission score.
Tuition fee: € 3,426 per year
All EU citizens are eligible for state funding. Please contact us for more information.
Awards: BSc (Bachelor of Engineering Sciences)
Credits: 240 ECTS
About this institute
Kaunas University of Technology
Established in 1922, Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) provides studies and research in all areas answering the demands of today’s ever-changing world. Ranked the 1st in Lithuania by alumni employability and student satisfaction, KTU is among the top 500 world...
Why study at Kaunas University of Technology
KTU, the main provider of research services for business and industry, one of the most active science institutions in Lithuania boasts impressive research facilities. In addition to state-of-the-art laboratories designed for studies, such as FabLab, Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab, Auto Diagnostics Lab and others, the laboratories of Santaka Valley and the Faculties equipped with the newest technology are open to student research and studies.
Want to know more about Bachelor in Intelligent Robotics Systems? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Angola, United States of America
Chicago, United States of America