Teacher of English Language and CultureKaroli Gaspar University
About this program
Teacher of English Language and Culture
The full-time degree program is either 2 or 4 semesters (60 or 120 credits), depending on your previous qualifications.
We offer a 2-semester full-time degree program to those who are qualified English teachers for the upper primary classes and have been teaching for at least two years. The degree program consists of 60 credits. Apart from a module in methodology, there are courses in language development, linguistics, literature, history and culture – taught with a view as to how these can be incorporated into teaching English. Students are also required to do a supervised teaching practice and have to submit a portfolio.
We have two types of 4-semester full-time degree programs: the one with 100 English studies credits is for those who have teaching qualifications in any subject other than English, while the one with 90 English studies credits is for those who have teaching qualifications for the lower primary classes. The English module comprises courses in language development, linguistics, literature, history and culture – taught with a view as to how these can be incorporated into teaching English. The teacher training module includes courses in pedagogy, psychology and methodology. Students are also required to do a supervised teaching practice and have to submit a portfolio.
- Official and certified (stamped) English translation of relevant university degree (as specified in the description above),
- CEFR C1-level internationally accepted English language certificate,
- Previous study in English of a minimum period of two years can be accepted as an English language exam certificate only from the following countries: United Kingdom, United States of America, Canada, New Zealand
- The English language exam certificate is not required in the case of native speakers.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV),
- Motivation letter,
- Proof of teaching experience (at least 2 years) for those applying for the 2-semester programme.
- Application form.You can access the application form by clicking here.
- Payment of the application fee (non-refundable cost): 50 EUR/programme paid within 10 working days of the applicant’s filling in the application form.
For more information about admission requirements, Please visit the university website.
The entrance exam is a Microsoft Teams interview which aims at assessing the candidate’s knowledge of the target language, motivation and intercultural skills.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
Tuition fee: 1200 EUR/ semester
Message the school
About this institute
Károli Gáspár University
Ranked among the top 5 universities in Hungary, our rapidly developing university offers an array of degree programmes in humanities, health sciences, law, pedagogy, psychology, social sciences and theology at bachelor, master and doctoral level. While upholding the Christian ethos,...
Why study at Karoli Gaspar University
Top 3 reasons to study here
- Practice-oriented education that provides ready-to-use knowledge.
- Dedicated staff and volunteer student buddies help international students upon arrival and throughout their studies.
- A wide range of social, community and sporting events contribute to exploring and enjoying life as a student of Károli Gáspár University.
Karoli Gaspar University
Want to know more about Teacher of English Language and Culture? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!