About this program
BA in English and American Studies
The primary goal of our BA programme in English and American Studies is to offer our students practical knowledge and skills that will enable them to pursue careers in a competitive global market. Our programme places strong emphasis on language development with carefully designed courses which help students acquire a high degree of proficiency in English, both written and spoken, but we also offer an engaging array of courses in linguistics and English-language culture, literature, and history (with a focus first and foremost on the countries of the United Kingdom, Ireland and North America).
Application deadline: 30/04/2022
Applicants should submit the following documents electronically by 30 April:
- Secondary school certificate (matriculation document),
- B2 CEFR-level internationally recognised English language exam certificate (equivalent to Cambridge English First (FCE)/ BEC Vantage/ IELTS 5.5-6.5/ TOEFL iBT 66-82/ Michigan ECCE/ PTE General Level 3/ PTE Academic 59-75/ Trinity ISE II),
- Curriculum Vitae (CV),
- Motivation letter,
- Application form. You can access the online application form at our website.
- Payment of the application fee (non-refundable cost): 50 EUR/programme paid in 10 working days after filling the application form.
Please note, that applications will be considered complete only after the university has received the application fee.
The entrance exam is a Microsoft Teams interview which aims at assessing the candidate’s knowledge of the target language, motivation and intercultural skills.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
In addition to courses which have become a traditional part of English and American studies (e.g. English literature since the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, phonetics and phonology, descriptive grammar, etc.), our program also gives students a chance to take courses which are rarely offered at other institutions. These courses include, for instance, seminars on the relationship between literature and Christianity, the history of Christianity in Great Britain and North America, the Irish language, Canadian history and culture, and courses on the Middle Ages from the perspectives of literature, history, culture, and linguistics. Students can choose between two tracks (literature-culture or linguistics) and also have to take aspecialization in North American studies. These programs of study provide students with a thorough knowledge of the subjects in question and the skills to pursue further studies and compete in their fields.
Please find the full list of courses included in the programme at our website!
1.500 EUR / semester
Bachelor, Philologist in English and American Studies
MA in English Studies
Message the school
About this institute
Károli Gáspár University
Ranked among the top 5 universities in Hungary, our rapidly developing university offers an array of degree programmes in humanities, health sciences, law, pedagogy, psychology, social sciences and theology at bachelor, master and doctoral level. While upholding the Christian ethos,...
Why study at Karoli Gaspar University
Top 3 reasons to study here
- Practice-oriented education that provides ready-to-use knowledge.
- Dedicated staff and volunteer student buddies help international students upon arrival and throughout their studies.
- A wide range of social, community and sporting events contribute to exploring and enjoying life as a student of Károli Gáspár University.
Want to know more about BA in English and American Studies? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...