International Business (B.A.): Responsible BusinessKarlshochschule International University
International Business (B.A.): Responsible Business
What would it be like if the economy was about more than just financial growth?
Welcome to the Responsible Business section. Here we work together on an economic vision in which profit and responsibility, career and personality development, performance and sustainability go hand in hand.
Would you like to take on responsibility and make a career in line with your personal values? Then Responsible Business is just the right focus for your International Business studies.
In the Responsible Business area, you will take a look at current and future business developments: How can we trade sensibly in times of globalization and climate change? How can we think profit- and growth-oriented and still act in a socially fair and ecologically sustainable way? These are not just questions that young people are asking themselves. Political institutions and international corporations face enormous challenges. They need people who can take responsibility because they know how. And it is precisely this "how" that we give you. Together we develop strategies for a better world. International guest lecturers as well as partner companies from the region help us with this.
The specialist knowledge you gain will enable you to understand all the important players on the international business scene and to mediate between them skillfully. Your expertise will be as much in demand in the energy sector as it will be in culture, marketing or banking.
Responsible business is your thing? Then International Business is your study.
The world can also be understood as a marketplace. But who determines the rules according to which games are played? Who are the players and how is everything connected? In the International Business course, you will look behind the scenes of the business world and take the best of all perspectives - your very own personal one. Whether more intercultural, communicative or sustainable, as in your chosen specialization Responsible Business: By setting a focus, you determine which direction your International Business studies take.
The specialization for all those who
- want to do more than just make a career
- want to assume social responsibility
- want to question the market and its mechanisms
Checklist - your application
- Online Application for admission
- Copy of your school leaving certificate containing a transcript of grades
- If you have already studied at another university, please submit a current transcript of records.
- If applicable, certificate of preparatory/foundation year for foreigners (Studienkolleg)
- Letter of motivation (1-2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae (If you have not written a resume/CV so far, you can use the Europass as a template.)
- Proof of English and/or German language proficiency (respective to the study program)
- Additional certificates (e.g. internships, extra-curricular activities) Certificates documenting vocational training, internships, international experience, extra-curricular commitment at school or in charitable/non-profit
- Passport-sized photograph
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
1. Academic Year: Basics of Analysis and Strategy in Management and Scientific Research
- Sustainable Development
- Global Economy
- Rethinking Management (Culture, Society, Ethics)
- Introduction in Management
- Business Environment
- Introduction to Scientific Research Methods
- English 1 / German 1
- Social Responsible Business & Society
- International Business Ventures
- Transcultural Marketing
- Basic Principles in Strategic Management
- English 2 / German 2
2. Academic Year: Application of theoretical knowledge in Company Projects
- Sustainable Entrepreneurship & Social Innovation
- Global Value Supply Chains
- Introductory Company Project
- Resources: Financial Resources, Human Resources, Organization
- Foreign Language 2.1
- Circular Economy Lifecycle Management
- International & Sustainable Finance
- Advanced Company Project
- Managerial Accounting
- Foreign Language 2.2
3. Academic Year: Semester Abroad, Internship and Bachelor Thesis
- Current Issues in International Sustainability Management
- Elective: Current Issues International Business
- Current Issues in ReThinking Management and Society
- Change & Innovation
- Area Studies or Foreign Language 2.3
- Bachelor Thesis including its defense
The monthly tuition fees currently amount to € 690. You can either pay them monthly or annually. In addition, all students are required to pay a contribution of currently € 67.70 per semester (status as of 2019) to the student union (Studentenwerk) Karlsruhe.
Accordingly, the total costs per semester incl. contribution to the student union amount to € 4,207.70. If you graduate from your three-year study program within the regular study period, then, the total costs of your studies amount to € 25,246.20. For living and residing in Karlsruhe you should estimate approx. € 700 per month.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
About this institute
Karlshochschule International University
Karlshochschule International University is a state-accredited, private, nonprofit university with approx. 650 students and a network of lecturers from various industries and disciplines. As such, we see ourselves as an international and intercultural hub for collaboration and experience. With our...
Want to know more about International Business (B.A.): Responsible Business? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Baltimore, United States of America