Political Science and Public Administration (MA)
Our program is designed for students and professionals who want to pursue their career in private sector, local governments and also public sector. With its compulsory and elective courses, this program gives the opportunity to expertise in some important contemporary issues of political science and public administration. The program is structured as to give the students the possibility to choose from a wide range of elective courses.ce and Public Administration (MA)
The program is structured as to give the students the possibility to choose from a wide range of elective courses.
The admission to MA in Political Science and Public Administration shall be processed according to conditions specified in Kadir Has University Regulations for Graduate Education. In the admission process, there will be no special conditions. Students of foreign nationalities are accepted to the program under the requirements of the Kadir Has University Senate.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Research Methods
- Master's Thesis
- Theories of Political Science
- Theories and Contemporary Practices in Public Administration
- Current Issues in Political Science
- Modern Political History of Turkey
- Gender Studies
- Political Parties and Voting Behavior
- Market, State and Society in a Global Context
- Metropolitan Governance in Turkey
- Harmonization of Turkish Public Administration to EU
- Governance and Urban Areas
- Political Ideologies
- Globalization, Migration and Ethnicity
- Civil Society and NGOs in Turkey and the World
- Contemporary Issues in Turkish Politics
- Political Sociology
- Comparative Politics
- Big Data Analysis
- Masters with thesis (per year): $12,000
- Masters non-thesis (full program): $12,000
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the website.
The students who successfully complete the program are awarded MA (7th Cycle).
- Understand, define and explain at advanced level the concepts, theories and approaches related to Political Science and Public Administration.
- Understand, define, explain and interpret at an advanced level the working of political processes, political systems as well as the actors in Turkey.
- Understand, define and explain at an advanced level the working of political processes, political systems as well as the actors in other major political and administrative systems.
- Have an advanced knowledge of Political Science and Public Administration literature.
- Understand the interaction of disciplines of Political Science and Public Administration to other complementary fields such as International Relations, Sociology, History and Economics.
- Acquire and use the skills needed in evidence-based reasoning to identify the appropriate data or evidence necessary to construct a convincing argument and be able to communicate these arguments in oral and written forms both in Turkish and English.
- As engaged and informed citizens who has adopted life- long learning as a principle, be able to formulate, propose and advocate a positive change towards a democratic polity and demonstrate awareness of and sensitivity to a diverse society.
- Acquire an advanced level of skills, knowledge and competencies to work effectively in teams and project groups both individually and collectively.
Graduates can apply for PhD studies in related programs.
With opportunities provided by this program, the graduates of the MA in Political Science and Public Administration will have adequate qualifications for working in private sector, local administrations, international organizations, media, national institutions and organizations etc. both in local and foreign prestigious institutions.
About this institute
Kadir Has University
Kadir Has University, one of the oldest foundation universities in Turkey, is located in the heart of Istanbul. The university with 6 Undergraduate faculties and School of Graduate Studies, is dedicated to becoming a leader in Turkish higher education and...
Want to know more about Political Science and Public Administration (MA)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...