Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
It is more important than ever to effectively utilize the resources under increasing population and consumer demands while there are limited and decreasing resources. Increasing globalization and communication methods allowed demand and production to go beyond borders. Industrial Engineers follows the “Engineers make, Industrial Engineers Improves and develops” rule. This makes very important contribution to increase productivity everywhere such as government offices, factories, hospitals, banks and many other businesses.
The main objective of the for-profit organizations is to produce cheapest and highest quality products and outputs while minimizing their inputs. Industrial Engineering deals with the design, development and management of systems in which a mixture of material, energy, information systems, capital, equipment, labor and time resources are effectively used. In this respect, Industrial Engineers need to have advanced coordinating skills, system thinking ability, good analytical and quantitative skills. It is preferred that they use the tools to reach the information they need to solve a problem and develop themselves to keep up with the changing times.
The mission of Industrial Engineering department is to provide their students most recent scientific methods for design, development and effective management of production, service and hybrid systems. As a department, we work hard to develop system thinking skills, analytical thinking, modelling and research abilities of our students to solve the problems they face. We provide required scientific, technical and social foundation that will allow them to excel in their career path and hence grow individuals who contribute to society.
Applicants should obtain the required scores from Transition to Higher Education Examination (YGS), First Cycle Placement Test (LYS/MF 4), and Direct Transfer Test (DGS). Placements are centrally organized by Student Selection and Placement Center (ÖSYM). International students applying for the program must follow the admissions criteria determined by Kadir Has University. Students can transfer into the program by following Kadir Has University regulations on the basis concerning horizontal transfer.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Engineering Guide and Ethics
- Calculus I
- Linear Algebra
- Physics I
- Physics Laboratory I
- Turkish Language I
- English II
- Principles of Industrial Engineering
- Calculus II
- Physics II
- Physics Laboratory II
- Turkish Language II
- Principles of Atatürk and History of Turkish Republic I
- Computer Programming I
- Probability and Statistics for Engineers
- Computer Aided Technical Drawing
- Differential Equations
- KHAS Elective
- Principles of Atatürk and History of Turkish Republic II
- Materials Science
- Programming Tools for Industrial Enginee
- Engineering Economics
- Ergonomics and Human Factors Engineering
- Manufacturing Processes
- Internship I
- Economics for Engineers
- Operations Research I
- Statistical Decision Making
- Business Law
- Departmental Elective-I
- Operations Research II
- Data Analytics in Industrial Systems
- Systems Simulation
- Materials Management
- Internship II
- Departmental Elective-II
- Engineering Problem Solving and Project Management
- Production Planning and Control
- Social Elective-I
- Technical Elective-I
- Departmental Elective-III
- Engineering Design Project
- Statistical Quality Control
- Social Elective-II
- Technical Elective-I I
- Departmental Elective-IV
- Design of Experiments
- Multiple Criteria Decision Making
- Applications in Operations Research
- Factory Design and Plant Layout
- Product Design and Development
- Data Analytics in Industrial Systems
- Analytical Methods for Facility Layout and Location
- Transportation and Logistics Engineering
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Computational Methods for Industrial Eng
- Engineering Economy and Cost Analysis
- Simulation Techniques in Financial Engineering
- Management and Organization
- Modeling in Supply Chain Management
- Innovation&Technology Management
- Strategic Planning
- Decision Support Systems for Operations
- Stochastic Processes
- Customer Relationship Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Total Quality Management in Engineering
- Special Topics in Industrial Engineering
$12,000 per year
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the website.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be awarded with Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering (The Qualifications frameworks in the European Higher Education Area, QF-EHEA: Level 1, European Qualifications Framework (EQF): Level 6).
- Ability to solve complex industrial engineering problems using basic science and engineering knowledge
- Ability to determine, define, analyze, model and solve complex engineering problems in industrial and service systems
- Ability to use contemporary and modern techniques in designing of industrial and service systems subject to realistic constraints
- Ability to use information technologies to solve complex industrial engineering problems
- Ability to collect, process, model data, conduct experiments, analyze and interpret results for solving complex industrial engineering problems
- Ability to work individually as well as participate effectively in intra- or multi- disciplinary teamwork when tackling industrial engineering problems
- Ability to communicate both orally and in the written form in Turkish as well as in English
- Ability to follow technological innovations in order to adapt himself/herself to the changing conditions and commitment in life-long learning
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
- Being acquainted with project management and an understanding of entrepreneurship, innovation and sustainable development
- Being acquainted with contemporary issues and an understanding of the impacts of engineering on health, environment, and security at the national and global levels; awareness of legal outcomes of engineering solutions.
Upon successful completion of the undergraduate program, candidates can go on to graduate programs based on their GPA and admission criteria of the applied graduate program.
Graduates have job opportunities in both service and production sectors in the following areas; operation research, production planning and control, quality control and/or management, ergonomics, facility design and plant layout, system analysis.
About this institute
Kadir Has University
Kadir Has University, one of the oldest foundation universities in Turkey, is located in the heart of Istanbul. The university with 6 Undergraduate faculties and School of Graduate Studies, is dedicated to becoming a leader in Turkish higher education and...
Want to know more about Industrial Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...