Film & Television ProductionJMC Academy
Film & Television Production
All available course dates
Film & Television Production
The world just can’t get enough of the magic of the moving image, and the global uptake of digital technology is creating unprecedented demand for professional content creators. From producers to directors, cinematographers, scriptwriters, motion-graphics designers, editors and more, entertainment production is big business.
Film + TV at JMC is a hands-on production-based course that will give you the knowledge and the creative, technical and managerial skills to create and produce leading content for film, TV, live broadcasts, documentaries, commercials and music videos.
Both Bachelor degree and diploma are structured to help you develop above-the-line practitioners in key crew roles (which will appeal if you’re into serious filmmaking), as well as the range of skills you need to meet the diverse requirements of the industry.
At Bachelor level, work on a short film, a TV commercial, a music video and a large-scale outside broadcast to create your professional showreel and filmography. Develop your creative expression and tech skills, and master screenwriting, directing, cinematography, motion graphics and postproduction, to launch you into the heart of the industry.
Collaborate with JMC Academy’s Music Performance and Management students on a production piece, a music video for example, and study advanced production management, post-production and motion-graphics
In only 2 years you can graduate with a Bachelor degree thanks to our accelerated full-time course. Part-time study is also available to domestic students. International students many choose to complete the course in 3 years rather than the accelerated 2 year option.
International undergraduate applicants must show the following:
- Proof of English proficiency: minimum IELTS 6.0 overall (with no single band score below 5.5) or equivalent.
- Evidence of successful completion of a senior Secondary School certificate (transcripts and certificate must be translated and certified). For further information please see our 'Entry Requirements by Country'
- Attend an interviewin person or over skype.
- You must be at least 18 years of age on commencement of studies.
- Contemporary Music applicants must undertake an audition. Audition videos/online links are accepted for applicants living overseas or interstate.
- Songwriting applicants may undertake an audition OR submit a folio. The folio can consist of song lyrics, charts, recorded original songs or other relevant items as discussed with the admissions officer.
- Animation, Games and Digital Design applicants are required to prepare a portfolioof sample work/drawings.
Applications will be accepted until 2 weeks before the course commences, but please note that visa applications can take considerably longer than two weeks to process. Please contact the Australian Embassy in your home country for recommended timeframes for processing your visa application.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Producing I
- Post-Production I
- Camera and Lighting I
- Production Project I: Studio Project
- Camera and Lighting II
- Post Production II
- Production Project III: Short Film
- Outside Broadcast and Futures
- Screen and Genre Studies
- Screenwriting II
- Production Project IV: Integration
- Directing I
- Sound Recording and Design
- Production Project II: Documentary Production
- Screenwriting I
- Screen History
- Producing II
- Popular Culture
- Directing II: Mise en scene
- Specialised Project III
- Post-Production III
- International Cinema
- Professional Development
- Graduate Project
- Cross Institutional Project
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the institute website.
- Domestic Students: $9,000 per trimester
- International Students: $11,300 per trimester (Total tuition fee: $67,800)
Careers in the Industry
Film + TV production relies on a combination of art forms – writing, photography, music, design, acting and more. At its heart, however, is the pure power of imagination.
Whether you are drawn towards content creation or production, JMC graduates find jobs in a wide variety of creative, technical or managerial roles within the screen industry – in fact, some of our grads recently collaborated with Warner Music and TheMusic.com.au to film and record Stonefield, Pajama Club, Eskimo Joe and more.
Specific roles may include
- Production Manager
- Post Production Supervisor
- Business Owner
- Technical Director
- Motion Graphics Designer
- Lighting Designer
- Sound Recordist
- Camera Operator
- Camera Assistant
- Data Wrangler
About this institute
Established in 1982 by John Martin Cass, JMC Academy was originally founded in Sydney to meet the demand for qualified professionals in the entertainment technology industry. From day one, JMC Academy broke ground as Australia's first private college to qualify...
Why study at JMC Academy
At JMC Academy we are focussed on providing opportunities for students to create, connect and develop their craft in a supportive community. We keep our class sizes small so that we can get to know each students' aspirations, strengths, weaknesses and creative voice. Our small course offering of specialist creative industries disciplines means we can regularly update and refine our courses and tech to be future-focussed and relevant to industry developments. Our international network of like-minded institutions ensures we can benchmark our programs against international standards, ensuring our students are able to enter the workforce with confidence wherever in the world they go.
Want to know more about Film & Television Production? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Potsdam, United States of America