Entertainment Business ManagementJMC Academy
Entertainment Business Management
All available course dates
Entertainment Business Management
Do you dream of producing the ultimate gig, the crowd screaming for more, knowing that it’s because you dreamt it, designed, managed it and promoted it? From talent management to digital marketing, social media strategy, event planning, production, publishing and distribution – Entertainment Business Management is about being an expert at what goes on behind-the-scenes.
JMC will provide you with the highly transferable cutting-edge business and management skills you need to make it in this highly competitive and rapidly expanding industry. Meet the people that matter, get real-world experience in stage and production management, music publishing, talent management and event management, and gain an innate understanding of the entertainment industry and how to manage it. Also, join our Student Exchange at the Fontys Academy of Creative Industries in Holland. The choice and future is yours!
Explore content production, marketing, entrepreneurship and business planning, film and TV production management, tour and festival management, marketing, branding, negotiating contracts, copyright and intellectual property with a Bachelor of Entertainment.
Create national promotional campaigns for products, artists and events, manage external and in-house events, plan event logistics, and gain the hands-on production experience you will need to run any part of the industry with savvy business acumen and a strong network of contacts.
Graduate with the ability to identify strategies for selecting and acquiring artists, developing proposals for management companies, agents and sponsors, feasibility studies, and touring plans, as well as the critical thinking and tech know-how to make it in the industry.
In only 2 years you can graduate with a Bachelor degree thanks to our accelerated full-time course. Part-time study is also available to domestic students. International students many choose to complete the course in 3 years rather than the accelerated 2 year option.
International undergraduate applicants must show the following:
- Proof of English proficiency: minimum IELTS 6.0 overall (with no single band score below 5.5) or equivalent.
- Evidence of successful completion of a senior Secondary School certificate (transcripts and certificate must be translated and certified). For further information please see our 'Entry Requirements by Country'
- Attend an interviewin person or over skype.
- You must be at least 18 years of age on commencement of studies.
- Contemporary Music applicants must undertake an audition. Audition videos/online links are accepted for applicants living overseas or interstate.
- Songwriting applicants may undertake an audition OR submit a folio. The folio can consist of song lyrics, charts, recorded original songs or other relevant items as discussed with the admissions officer.
- Animation, Games and Digital Design applicants are required to prepare a portfolioof sample work/drawings.
Applications will be accepted until 2 weeks before the course commences, but please note that visa applications can take considerably longer than two weeks to process. Please contact the Australian Embassy in your home country for recommended timeframes for processing your visa application.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Entertainment Since 1945
- Professional Communication
- The Scope of Entertainment
- Professional Practice I: Stage Management
- Entertainment Marketing
- Copyright and Publishing
- Talent + Development (A+R)
- Professional Practice II: Production Management
- Digital Content Creation
- Finance for the Modern Entertainment Manager
- Entertainment Management: Theory and Practice
- Professional Practice III: Integration I
- Integrated Promotions and Publicity
- Funding Your Entertainment Business Project
- Tour Management
- Professional Practice IV: Integration II
- International Licensing and Branding
- The Art of the Entrepreneur
- Film and Television Production Management
- Professional Project I
- Online Management Systems
- Deal Making
- Creativity and Festival Management
- Professional Project II
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the institute website.
- Domestic Students: $9,000 per trimester
- International Students: $11,300 per trimester (Total tuition fee: $67,800)
Careers in the Industry
Thanks to digital technology and social media connectivity there are heaps of ways to create a career in events, music and entertainment. After graduating with a solid network of industry contacts, top-notch critical thinking and hands-on practical and tech skills, hit the ground running, ready to make your mark in the studio, on live events, film, TV, radio and more.
Specific roles may include
- Artist Manager
- Business Manager
- Booking Agent
- Event Manager
- Licensing Agent
- Promotions Director
- Label Manager
- A&R Manager
- Sales Director
- Media Director
- Copyright/Royalties Manager
- Licensing Manager
- Music Production Manager
- Promotions Manager
- Media Publisher
- Festival Organiser
- Social Media Strategist
About this institute
Established in 1982 by John Martin Cass, JMC Academy was originally founded in Sydney to meet the demand for qualified professionals in the entertainment technology industry. From day one, JMC Academy broke ground as Australia's first private college to qualify...
Why study at JMC Academy
At JMC Academy we are focussed on providing opportunities for students to create, connect and develop their craft in a supportive community. We keep our class sizes small so that we can get to know each students' aspirations, strengths, weaknesses and creative voice. Our small course offering of specialist creative industries disciplines means we can regularly update and refine our courses and tech to be future-focussed and relevant to industry developments. Our international network of like-minded institutions ensures we can benchmark our programs against international standards, ensuring our students are able to enter the workforce with confidence wherever in the world they go.
Want to know more about Entertainment Business Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia