The main goal of the program is to prepare experts in quantum physics with an emphasis on quantum mechanical modeling of advanced materials and low-dimensional systems.
The students can choose one of the following educational tracks:
- Computer Simulation
- Functional Materials and Physics of Low-Dimensional Structures
The program is closely linked to other educational programs in the field of physics and engineering such as:
- Nanophotonics and Metamaterials
- Semiconductor Physics
The students will acquire:
- ability to apply modern research methods in the field of low-dimensional materials;
- advanced computer modeling skills;
- basic skills of creating micro- and nanostructures using modern technological methods;
- skills in abstract thinking, generalization, analysis, systematization, and forecasting;
- ability to justify the relevance of the research goals and objectives;
- knowledge of a foreign language for specific purposes, etc.
About this institute
ITMO University Saint Petersburg
ITMO University in St. Petersburg is a recognized leader in optics, photonics and IT. Over the past few years, it has developed from a specialized technical institute into a trailblazer shaping the national education and research policy in Russia. We...
Want to know more about Quantum Materials? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.