Quantum Communications and Femtotechnologies
Students of the program will acquire profound theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the field of photonics and optoinformatics as a result of participation in various innovative projects hosted by the laboratories of ITMO’s International Institute of Photonics and Optical Informatics. The key disciplines include “Optical Communication Lines and Quantum Communications”, “Optical Systems for Recording, Storing and Displaying of Information” and “Femtosecond Optics and Femtotechnologies”.
The graduates will be able to conduct research and engineering activities in the field of the development and operation of optical and quantum devices and systems for the transmission, processing and recording of information; creation and operation of lasers and laser systems for various purposes; development and application of holographic technologies; software development for photonics and optoinformatics systems.
By joining the program, you’ll get to work at the forefront of scientific research in the field of optical and quantum information technologies, as well as applications of optical-range electromagnetic radiation for the diagnosis and treatment of socially significant diseases.
The students will learn:
- to use the knowledge gained for their future professional activities as scientists, research engineers, design engineers, communication engineers, and new-generation networks specialists;
- to use information, computer and network technologies in the field of scientific and engineering activities, photonics and optoinformatics;
- to develop optical devices and systems for information transfer, processing and recording;
- to develop fiber-quantum communications and networks;
- to analyze the optical properties of optoinformatics systems devices and use nonlinear optics methods when describing scientific phenomena and photonics devices;
- to apply knowledge of the processes occurring under the influence of femtosecond laser radiation for solving research and engineering problems of creating and operating biomedical complexes.
ITMO University Saint Petersburg
ITMO University in St. Petersburg is a recognized leader in optics, photonics and IT. Over the past few years, it has developed from a specialized technical institute into a trailblazer shaping the national education and research policy in Russia. We...
Want to know more about Quantum Communications and Femtotechnologies? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.