Functional Material in Optoelectronics
The Master’s program in Functional Materials in Optoelectronics offers a world-class education in a wide variety of areas from fundamentals of materials science to practical aspects of the design of novel optoelectronic devices.
New materials with unique properties are crucial for further development of optoelectronics and nanoelectronics. Photonic structures based on these materials are actively used as building blocks for high-performance devices for data storage, communication, computing and in energy-saving technologies. Today the leading positions in research and development of modern materials belong to international projects, so the education process implies the active collaboration with Russian and international academic and industrial partners of the program.
The Students Will Learn
- to characterise functional materials
- to design new materials with specific mechanical, magnetic and optical properties, semiconductor nanomaterials and materials with hybrid properties
- to develop processes for the synthesis of functional materials with pre-defined structure and physical properties for photonic and electronic applications.
Research and Industrial Internships
1. Partner universities
- Blaise Pascal University, Clermont-Ferrand (France)
- McMaster University, Hamilton (Canada)
- Aristotle University Thessaloniki (Greece)
- Aalto University (Finland)
- Tallinn University of Technology (Estonia)
- University of Balearic Islands (Spain)
- University of California Santa Barbara (USA)
2. International Research Center for Functional Materials and Devices of Optoelectronics, ITMO University, St.Petersburg (Russia)
3. European X-ray Free-Electron Laser (European XFEL), Hamburg (Germany)
4. Academic and industrial members of European projects Horizon 2020 INDEED (2017-2021) and FRAMED (2017-2019): more than 20 universities and companies from Austria, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK, and the USA
5. R&D partners and startups at St. Petersburg (Russia).
The yearly tuition fee for this program is €4094, and the total tuition fee is €8188.
About this institute
ITMO University Saint Petersburg
ITMO University in St. Petersburg is a recognized leader in optics, photonics and IT. Over the past few years, it has developed from a specialized technical institute into a trailblazer shaping the national education and research policy in Russia. We...
Want to know more about Functional Materials in Optoelectronics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.