Chemistry of Applied Materials
The Program focuses on the modern aspects of nanotechnology for green chemistry and sustainability. Special emphasis is made on engineering of functional nanoarchitectures for catalysis as well as biomedical applications and photonics.
The program uniquely combines the state-of-the-art computational and practical aspects of material sciences and nanotechnology. It effectively bridges material sciences and information technologies, both strategic research areas of ITMO University.
Benefits of the Program
The program is delivered on the basis of the International SCAMT Laboratory (Solution Chemistry of Advanced Materials and Technologies), the leading ITMO lab specializing in hybrid materials creation by soft solution chemical methods in nanomaterial science and development of biomedical, optical materials and advanced industrial materials.
You can perform a research project in one of the research groups or work on your own startup in an industrial laboratory. Depending on your project from the second semester, you choose an individual educational trajectory in one of the following specializations:
- applied materials;
- industrial brokerage in the field of nanoengineering.
The teachers are all young professors with relevant work experience gained in such prominent universities as Harvard, Eindhoven, University of Central Florida, University of Leipzig, Hebrew University and others.
The students have an excellent opportunity for research and educational internship at leading universities around the world: Eindhoven University of Technology, Leipzig University, University of Liverpool, Washington University in St. Louis, University of Liege, Trinity College, and University of Aveiro.
Nice bonus! The most successful candidates will be nominated for ITMO Biochemistry Cluster Scholarship.
- Covers fundamentals of multiscale phenomena underlying engineering of nanodevices from molecular inorganic chemistry to sol-gel processes and interface phenomena.
- Focuses on a multidisciplinary approach to nanomaterial engineering for sustainability. The program involves a wide range of courses given by leading scientists affiliated with the research center on such subjects as green chemistry; catalysis science and technology; inorganic chemistry & material science; sol-gel chemistry; computational modeling in material sciences, etc.
- Offers an individual approach to explore the potential and talents of the students
- Provides access to modern research facilities of the center such as: equipment for advanced materials synthesis, physical-chemical characterization, electron microscopy, atomic force microscopy, as well as infrastructure for computational chemistry.
- Creates an opportunity for students to carry out research on hot topics related to key societal problems of today in ambitious research teams affiliated with the research center.
About this institute
ITMO University Saint Petersburg
ITMO University in St. Petersburg is a recognized leader in optics, photonics and IT. Over the past few years, it has developed from a specialized technical institute into a trailblazer shaping the national education and research policy in Russia. We...
Want to know more about Chemistry of Applied Materials? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.