Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
Currently, computational methods are widely used in biology (due to the fact that research comes with Big Data). You need to have the skills to be able to work with large amounts of data and to interpret them correctly. This requires competence in both biology and computer science.
Simply put, the situation in modern biology is that to be just a biologist is often not enough. The Bioinformatics and Systems Biology program prepares a new generation of professionals capable of solving bioinformatics problems arising in experimental biology.
Benefits of the Program
- the Program is delivered collaboration with the Institute of Bioinformatics in St. Petersburg;
- the students have an opportunity to participate in internships at major research institutions and laboratories, as well as work on projects under the guidance of leading teachers at ITMO University, Washington University in St. Louis, INSERM, University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis, etc.
- every year, students participate in an international online competition for Bioinformatics, which attracts more than 3.000 participants from all over the world. Bioinformatics Competition problem sets are developed by the team from ITMO University — the only 7-time winner of the world's top programming competition. Winners receive valuable prizes and an invaluable experience!
- furthermore, as part of the program, there is an international Systems Biology Workshop. The organizers of the workshop are ITMO University and the Bioinformatics Institute and Washington University in St. Louis.
The students will gain
- competencies in Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science;
- proficiency in application of computational methods for solving problems in fundamental biology;
- an opportunity to complete the full path from high-throughput data to computational analysis and to testable hypotheses in several research areas;
- a chance to have programming courses taught in the cradle of world champions in programming.
The yearly tuition fee for this program is €3131, and the total tuition fee is €6262.
About this institute
ITMO University Saint Petersburg
ITMO University in St. Petersburg is a recognized leader in optics, photonics and IT. Over the past few years, it has developed from a specialized technical institute into a trailblazer shaping the national education and research policy in Russia. We...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Want to know more about Bioinformatics and Systems Biology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Has COVID-19 affected your study abroad plans?
We want to hear your stories. Help us get a better idea of how the coronavirus is impacting international students by taking our two minute survey.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Rochester, United States of America