Big Data and Machine Learning
In the modern economy, a company cannot be fully hi-tech and competitive without application of integrated models and results obtained from Big Data analytical processing. Specialists who are able to properly arrange analytical processes and implement high-performance data processing algorithms in distributed computing environment are especially sought-after in the market due to accelerating development of information technologies.
Do you want to become a highly-qualified specialist and acquire knowledge and skills in such cutting-edge areas as programming, data storage systems, statistics, and machine learning? Would you like to work on international research projects and meet the challenges of various professional fields, from Big Data storage and processing to analysis and forecasting of people’s behavior on social media? Then the Big Data and Machine Learning international Master’s program is exactly what you need!
The students will receive comprehensive training in Big Data processing and analysis and will be able to implement different approaches and techniques in their further work.
- will study infrastructure technologies based on batch and stream models, which will allowthem to organize effective Big Data management systems;
- will acquire the skills in various areas of artificial intelligence, including machine learning, as well as approaches to building different data models, which will allow for creating complex solutions based on the multi-level analysis;
- will study the approaches to artificial intelligence at the system level and acquire the skills in pre-complex data preparation, at the level of its physical organization, filtering and pre-processing;
- will learn to design predictive and simulation models based on the Big Data analysis and aimed at solving difficult formalized problems.
The program includes the following fields of study:
- creation of a scientific and technological base of modern distributed computing infrastructure for collection, storage, and processing of extremely large amounts of data with the use of Big Data technologies;
- development of methods, models and highly efficient algorithms for automatic knowledge extraction from data by machine learning and evolutionary computing;
- development of methods of formalization, structuring, aggregation, interpretation, and assimilation of knowledge extracted from extremely large amounts of data for decision support tasks.
During the studies, students will have a great opportunity to participate in various research projects carried out on the premises of ITMO’s eScience Research Institute. Moreover, students will do internships at leading world universities within ITMO University’s academic mobility programs.
The yearly tuition fee for this program is €3131, and the total tuition fee is €6262.
About this institute
ITMO University Saint Petersburg
ITMO University in St. Petersburg is a recognized leader in optics, photonics and IT. Over the past few years, it has developed from a specialized technical institute into a trailblazer shaping the national education and research policy in Russia. We...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Want to know more about Big Data and Machine Learning? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.