Advanced Materials and Technologies of PhotonicsITMO University Saint Petersburg
Advanced Materials and Technologies of Photonics
Get on the right path to the fast emerging world of Advanced Materials and Technologies of Photonics!
Without modern science of photonics, the surrounding reality would be difficult to imagine. Thanks to it people now can use numerous achievements: laser and holographic systems, light-emitting diodes, lighting equipment, sensors, newest biomedical equipment etc.
Currently, leading experts consider photonics to be the driving force of innovations in the 21st century; the world photonics market is constantly growing and developing. Optical technology development tends to be one of the priority directions of global science and technology development. Therefore, qualified specialists in this field are worth their weight in gold.
The students will be able to
- learn and develop methods and technologies of synthesis of optical and nanostructured materials: glasses, crystals, ceramics, and glass ceramics;
- use and develop optico-physical methods of optical nanostructures materials studies;
- develop and create elements and devices of photonics based on optical nanostructured materials.
Contents of the Program
- Waveguide photonics
- Diffraction and Interference Optics
- Nanophotonics and Nanoplasmonics
- Photonics of Si-based Materials
- Industrial and Biomedical Optics
- Mathematical Methods for Photonics
- Physical Optics
*The applicants are required to pass entrance examination sucessfully.
ITMO University Saint Petersburg
ITMO University in St. Petersburg is a recognized leader in optics, photonics and IT. Over the past few years, it has developed from a specialized technical institute into a trailblazer shaping the national education and research policy in Russia. We...
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!