Master in Design for Virtual RealityIED - Istituto Europeo di Design
Master in Design for Virtual Reality
All available course dates
Design for Virtual Reality
The Master in Design for Virtual Reality is teaching a new generation of designers how to create immersive experiences and solutions using virtual reality technology and tools. With a distinctly creative and technological focus, the course fosters new ways of designing, learning and interacting based on ground‑breaking narratives.
As VR sets in, the market is calling for more specialized professionals who understand the present and future scenario, realize the potential of existing technology and show a creative approach to designing content, experiences, products and services.
This is a pioneering masters in Europe thanks to its specialized content. The programme is divided into three parts: the Design Studio covering the theory module, Design Tech to learn how to work with specific virtual reality hardware and software, and the Design Lab, an immersive laboratory to create and develop projects and experiences in various fields.
- Architects, interior designers and related professionals wishing to explore the creative possibilities virtual reality offers in their various fields.
- Graphic designers, multimedia or interactive designers, animators, digital artists and digital product designers.
- People with proven academic and/or professional experience in the field of design, audio‑visuals or technology who are interested in exploring the creative boundaries of virtual reality technology.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- The goal of the Master is to provide students with specific knowledge and resources to work in the field of virtual reality.
- The course programme aims to:
- Prepare students to lead the process of designing and developing virtual reality environments using cutting‑edge technology .
- Teach new design methods and virtual reality tools involving specific VR software and hardware.
- Hold technical sessions about project development and practical applications, as well as theory sessions where a key topic is chosen to tie in the knowledge acquired.
- Encourage students to carry out real projects for specific aims based on a customer briefing (with a company or partner institution).
- Introduce them to the professional world by attending international events and conferences such as Mobile World Congress and Sónar +D.
- Encourage students to experience storytelling and immersion in varied, interesting and enjoyable ways.
- Evaluate students understanding at frequent intervals throughout the learning process.
- To grasp the processes and methodologies involved in designing, developing and producing immersive, communicative, emotional and social experiences using virtual reality.
- To develop narratives, environments and services using design and VR technology tools.
- To build up a sound base of specific virtual reality know‑how, methodology and tools to develop future professional projects.
- To gain independence in the learning process so as to comfortably command virtual reality design software and hardware.
- To experiment with the array of possibilities that storytelling and immersion can offer in different sectors.
- To build a framework of concepts and resources with which to solve problems during project planning and come up with ideal solutions.
- To take part in multi‑disciplinary teams where debates and collaboration are fostered to create functional and effective designs.
- VR storytellers: designers and creators of new future narratives.
- Virtual reality designers and content developers at Unity Engine.
- Directors and content developers for VR platforms.
- UX designers using virtual reality.
- Project managers dealing with XR/VR content and products.
- Exhibition designers and organizers of events with immersive environments.
- Simulation developers and designers for architecture and design studios.
- VR creators and specialists in animation, post‑production (FX) or gaming studios.
- XR product designers for ICT (information and communication technology) companies, for interactive agencies or for commercial applications.
About this institute
IED is the biggest international network of fashion, design, visual communication and management schools, with locations in Milan, Rome, Turin, Venice, Florence, Cagliari, Madrid , Barcelona , São Paulo, and Rio de Janeiro. Established in 1966, IED has 45 years...
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Fresno, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Palatine, United States of America
Campbellsville, United States of America