IED - Istituto Europeo di Design
IED is the biggest international network of fashion, design, visual communication and management schools, with locations in Milan, Rome, Turin, Venice, Florence, Cagliari, Madrid, Barcelona, São Paulo, and Rio de Janeiro.
Established in 1966, IED has 45 years of international expertise in the disciplines of Design and Fashion. Operating in the fields of training and research, and with an expanding international network, IED is recognized globally as the top Fashion and Design School in Europe.
Istituto Europeo di Design is “multiculturally international”: its courses are taught in four different languages, with approximately 100 of those courses taught directly in English, and with more than 10.000 students coming from 95 different countries.
The academic courses offered cover all levels of qualification: ranging from BA and Master, summer, semester and one year, three-year programs and tailor-made.
IED's mission: to create cultured citizens of the world, its innovators; people with the ability to make their own dreams come true with enthusiasm, liberty, and responsibility.
Istituto Europeo di Design is far more than a school: thanks to its unwavering commitment to innovation, it is the melting pot where new generations of professionalism are constantly unfolded.
IED has developed innovative and diversified teaching methodology, based on the synergy between technology and experimentation, creative strategies and integrated communication, market issues, and a new form of professionalism.
Partnerships with foremost enterprises and efficient job placement services are a fundamental issue in IED’s education strategy and characterize its entire education pathway.
The whole faculty is made of active professionals capable of supplying applied skills and constant innovations.
Scholarships & funding
IED supports young creatives through a dedicated set of scholarships, promotions and financial aid.
- SCHOLARSHIPS: partial or total scholarships on tuition fees are assigned on a merit basis. The relevant contests are connected to the submission of a project.
- EARLY BIRD: Early Bird are facilitations for students finalizing enrolment by given deadlines.
- FINANCINGS: IED offers the possibility to pay the tuition fee by installments thanks to agreements with mortgage companies. For further information please ask your Advisor.
- DSU SCHOLARSHIPS: Diritto allo Studio Universitario – DSU (i.e. Right to education) Scholarships for Undergraduate Courses are assigned on the basis of the Italian Law no. 33 dated December 13, 2004
- INCOME BRACKET ASSIGNMENT GUIDE (for Italian and EU students): Undergraduate Course tuition fees can be lower according to the income of your family.
- GOVERNMENT ASSIGNED SCHOLARSHIPS are available on a yearly basis.
Why study at IED - Istituto Europeo di Design
Rather than just keeping in step with the times, IED courses are thriving trend forecasters working as a conceptual innovation hub. A number of professionals from a variety of backgrounds come together to provide the input for a cross-fertilisation between areas and disciplines.
IED - Istituto Europeo di Design is in the Top 10 Countries to Study Abroad
Awards & Accreditations
Attila Veress wins the Wallpaper* Design Award
Bontà project for Artemide.(2021)
six IED Alumni selected Amongst 50 new stars of contemporary design: Chiara Andreatti, Federica Biasi, Cara Judd, Davide Gramatica, Antonio Facco, Federico Peri
Marie Claire Maison magazine (2021)
iF Design Talent Award (2021)
Vogue Who’s On Next(2020)
Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Madrid (MBFWM) (2020)
Graphic Design IED Madrid
Laus Gold (2021)
Student services & facilities
- IED classrooms are equipped with the latest tools required for training and research. All labs feature high-tech equipment to support the education courses and individual training.
- From the Admission Center to the Internship & Placement office, the goal is completing and enhancing the educational experience in class.
- Moreover, IED establishes many annual agreements with trading companies and authorities of all kinds, from those providing professional tools to those dealing with goods, leisure time, culture, and wellness.
IED is an international education network with 100% Italian DNA. With 7 branches in Italy, 3 in Spain and 2 in Brazil, IED makes the most out of each location’s peculiarities and allows the blending of different experiences, people, and cultures.
IED Milano: the cradle of design and industry. Every year, IED Milano welcomes more than 3500 young talents. Laboratories, classrooms, networking spaces are located in the heart of the city between via Sciesa, via Bezzecca and via Pompeo Leoni, a training center tailored to creative people’s needs.
Accademia di Belle Arti Aldo Galli - IED Network: restoring the past and designing the future. A cultural institution that is the pride of Como and one of Italy’s finest schools of restoration, the Galli Academy joined IED Group in 2010 taking on a process of innovation that has few parallels in the leading country of the world for restoration.
IED Torino: enterprise, research and culture in new urban scenarios. Since 1989, IED Torino has had its head office in the residential heart of the city. In a lively international environment, fertile with ideas and cultural exchanges, it welcomes over 800 students from all over the world every year.
IED Firenze: designing the new Italian Renaissance. IED Firenze pays great attention to the valorization of the Tuscan territory and the merging of different cultures, to generate a successful relationship between high craftsmanship and industry.
IED Roma: a cross-media capital. In 40 years of history, IED Roma has trained thousands of creative people. IED is a point of reference on the territory, a hub promoting sustainable development and innovation, a place of meetings and events, a center training and research open to the whole city in 3 locations: Visual Arts in San Giovanni, Design at Porta Maggiore, Fashion and Communication at Testaccio.
IED Venezia: Productive Dynamism, International Art and Culture . IED Venezia is going through major changes, including a change of location: starting from October 2020, IED courses have been taught in the new location of Cà Tron (Treviso). IED and H-FARM, the most important platform for innovation, entrepreneurship and training in Italy, have signed an agreement to pool their distinctive and complementary skills and enhance their respective strengths
IED Cagliari: an open source laboratory. Conceived and designed as a modern campus, IED Cagliari is a structure unique of its kind, a hub for advanced training and innovation in a land that combines the uncontaminated quality of its natural environment with the creative and entrepreneurial ferment of his most illustrious enterprises.
IED wants to hear students' voices and involve them as much as possible. Here there are some representative events:
- IED Square: all the third years of the Italian locations connected on a specific theme every year. "Distances".
This week marks the beginning of the thesis research path, includes TEDX style talks, a "DESIGN JAM" (a fun, quick and creative brainstorming session), and a YouTube marathon.
- Avant Défilé: A special interactive showcase presenting - during Milan Fashion Week in June - the best IED Moda Milano thesis projects in an immersive virtual exhibition.
- IED TALKS DIGITAL EDITION: A series of digital appointments with very special guests talking about design, fashion, visual, communication.
Finding a place to live while planning to study abroad can be both exciting and challenging. With this in mind IED will give you some tips to find conveniently-located housing.
IED provides you with a wide range of different housing options thanks to agreements with residences and the support of our accommodation providers. We choose them for the warmth of their welcome and how well they look after our students.
All residences offer shared living rooms and kitchens or meal plans. It is possible to visit the facilities directly by calling the numbers listed below and making an appointment.
Want to get more information about this institute and its programs? Fill out the following form and we'll pass it on directly to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!