Msc in Finance
The MSc in Finance is a full-time, one-year Program that provides a highly advanced qualification in the finance field plus one-year for research and writing a dissertation. It is designed for students who intend to pursue a career in the financial services industry or in the field of corporate finance. This Program gives you a strong background in the theoretical underpinnings of finance, while offering intensive applied training aimed at developing skills for active interaction in the finance world. The MSc in Finance at IBS will enhance your career prospects, give you exposure to a faculty with a worldwide reputation, and provide you with a cutting-edge knowledge of finance in classes that teach you how to apply what you have learned.
The following documents must be uploaded into the online application form:
- Diploma/Transcript of Records from the bachelor's degree awarded by a university or institution of higher education;
- ID card/Passport
- Proficiency in the English language (optional);
- The results of GMAT or GRE exam (optional)
Candidates still concluding their undergraduate degree must also add:
- Declaration of Commitment (download available on application form)
- Transcript of Records with current grading
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
MSc in Finance aims to prepare students for advanced professional work, in national or international institutions. Therefore the general objectives of the programme are:
- Be able to show knowledge of relevant theories and models in the field of finance, including its concepts, theories, methods and techniques, and some of their specialized fields;
- Be able to solve problems in the field of finance, applying the acquired knowledge and skills to identify and solve problems, new or unfamiliar situations that arise in their areas of study, research or professional activity, as well as broad and multidisciplinary contexts related to these;
- Be able to show critical thinking skills, integrate knowledge, handle complex issues, develop solutions and make judgments in situations of limited or incomplete information;
- Be able to communicate orally and to write their analysis and conclusions, as well as the knowledge and the reasoning underlying them, both to experts and non-experts in a clear and unambiguous way;
About this institute
ISCTE-University Institute of Lisbon
Founded in 1972, the University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL) is one of the most prestigious public universities in Portugal, particularly focused on postgraduate studies and scientific research. It is organized in four schools: ISCTE Business School, School of Sociology and...
Want to know more about Msc in Finance? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.