About this program
Master's degree in Education and Society (in Portuguese only)
The Master's in Education and Society is a course of extensive study, offering, on the one hand, a theoretical-practical training which enables to boost the consideration and analysis of the contexts of education and of social questioning of social problems that cross them and, on the other hand, the deepening of knowledge regarding the research procedures, planning and execution of national, sectorial, local and organization education policies.
The course aims at training Education experts, with an integrated strategic approach to research and intervention, looking to respond to the current various types of "social demand" which encloses specialization, updating or reconverting professionals included in the working life (such as teachers, trainers, technicians, people that are responsible for education services and education managers inserted in the different levels of school educative structures, as well as in areas of human resources training conception and implementation at the level of employer entities or, also, professionals in the area of communication), training new types of education professionals and developing skills that lead to the elaboration of cognitive and operative responses to the existing new situations and issues.
The target population of this Master's course includes three distinct groups:
- Teachers, trainers and other professionals involved in education;
- Central, regional or local administration managers and technicians, or of other organizations in the public and private sectors;
- Holders of the first cycle in Social Sciences or Business Sciences who wish to deepen their knowledge in this field.
The course is recognized by the Ministry of Education for the purpose of progression in the teaching career of per-school and basic and secondary school teacher.
The Master's in Education and Society has the purpose of training graduates who:
- Demonstrate having acquired a wide and deep knowledge regarding the questions placed to education in contemporary societies, the theoretical and analytical instruments available to lead to their understanding and the development of research and/or intervention projects in the field of education;
- Have the ability to apply that knowledge and comprehension in the elaboration of the correct cognitive and operative responses to new situations within this study and work area.
- Are able to integrate knowledge in the analysis of complex problems in the education domain, form opinions in situations of incomplete or limited information, pondering the social and ethic implications of the application of that knowledge and the formation of those opinions;
- Can communicate their analyses and conclusions, as well as their implied knowledge and reasoning, in a clear manner, both to Education experts and non-experts;
- Have developed lifelong learning skills with a high degree of independence.
Full tuition fee for EU students: 3000 EUR
Full tuition fee for Non-EU students: 4600 EUR
Message the school
About this institute
ISCTE-University Institute of Lisbon
Founded in 1972, the University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL) is one of the most prestigious public universities in Portugal, particularly focused on postgraduate studies and scientific research. It is organized in four schools: ISCTE Business Institute, Institute of Sociology and...
Want to know more about Master's degree in Education and Society (in Portuguese only)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Carson, United States of America
Carson, United States of America