Doctorate in ManagementISCTE-University Institute of Lisbon
PhD in Management is member of the European Doctoral programas Association in Management & Business Administration (EDAMBA)
- Through significant coursework, to equip doctoral students with a set of knowledge and skills that will allow them to conduct and develop innovative and independent skilled research;
- Encourage and support doctoral students in disseminating the results of their research by presenting papers at conferences and publishing articles in journals, in order to receive from the scientific community the constructive feedback on those findings;
- Providing doctoral students with knowledge and skills that will help them to advance and progress in their academic or professional careers, access to top jobs in public and private institutions, as well as manage their own business excellence.
Application materials (all applications must be submitted online; applications submitted on paperwill not be considered)
Note: All documents including the CV, letters of recommendation, motivation letter and research proposal must be written in English.
- Application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Undergraduate/Bachelor certificate (with final grade)
- Master course certificate (with final grade)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Motivation Letter (between 200-300 words)
- Research Project Proposal (between 300-900 words)
- The application for Doctoral Programs requires the payment of non-refundable-fee according to each round. Check the due amount in the timetable below.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The Management Ph.D. is a very rigorous, comprehensive and flexible program. Comprised of six different specialization fields, our Ph.D. is ideal to those who wish to obtain a major training in Management and a more focused approach on another scientific field of their choice:
- Human Resources and Organizational Behavior
- Operations Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Quantitative Methods applied to Management
- Strategy and Entrepreneurship
- To develop deep and systematic insight on the Management field of studies;
- Enable the design and implementation of sound research plans according to ethical and methodological norms likely to generate contributions to the development of scientific knowledge in the management field;
- Enable the critical analysis of the ideas and work of other researchers in the students’ area of study and suggest ways to overcome possible limitations;
- Assist in the presentation, dissemination of the research results within the academic community;
- Encourage students to autonomously promote the advancement of knowledge in Management.
About this institute
ISCTE-University Institute of Lisbon
Founded in 1972, the University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL) is one of the most prestigious public universities in Portugal, particularly focused on postgraduate studies and scientific research. It is organized in four schools: ISCTE Business School, School of Sociology and...
Want to know more about Doctorate in Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.