Telecommunications and Computer Engineering
The Telecommunications and Computer Engineering programme at ISCTE-IUL was the first undergraduate programme in Portugal to train engineers capable of working on the frontier between Telecommunications and Computer Engineering, responding to the technological challenges of the Information Society for the 21st century.
LETI prepares its students to cope with an increasingly competitive and dynamic professional environment, not only in terms of technical knowledge in the leading telecommunications systems, services, networks and computer systems, but also in soft skills (e.g., teamwork, technical presentation and communication, etc.) required for a quick and effective integration into the working world.
In addition to theoretical training, LETI also provides a strong practical training, which ensures the competence to handle simultaneously the engineering challenges in the areas of Telecommunications and Computer Engineering, both in the implementation and maintenance of telecommunications systems, services, networks and computer systems, as well as in the identification and resolution of problems in these areas.
The undergraduate course in Telecommunications and Computer Engineering is a 3 year programme awarding 180 ECTS credits, divided among 174 credits in mandatory course units and 6 credits in transversal skills course units.
- To provide graduates with a solid basic training in Telecommunications, Information Technology and the border between the two, necessary for a high quality performance in a world of increasing convergence between the fields of Telecommunications and Information Technology;
- to prepare graduates to cope with an increasingly competitive and dynamic professional environment by providing them with some soft skills (e.g. teamwork, presentation techniques, etc.);
- to provide in addition to the theoretical training a strong practical training, which guarantees the capacity to deal with the engineering challenges in the areas of Telecommunications, Information Technology and the border between the two;
- to prepare graduates for the entry into a second cycle course degree considered essential for the engineering professional;
- to provide graduates with a broad range of career choices and high effective employability.
About this institute
ISCTE-University Institute of Lisbon
Founded in 1972, the University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL) is one of the most prestigious public universities in Portugal, particularly focused on postgraduate studies and scientific research. It is organized in four schools: ISCTE Business School, School of Sociology and...
Want to know more about Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications and Computer Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.