Bachelor's degree in Modern and Contemporary History (in Portuguese only)
Adapted to the Bologna model, the Undergraduate course in Modern and Contemporary History of the History Department of ISCTE-IUL presents an innovative curriculum in the field of history courses taught in Portugal.
In reality, ISCTE-IUL is another history! Why?
- It is a degree mostly focused on modern and contemporary history, the utmost recent history, one that helps to understand the world and the present.
- Combines in fair proportion the history of Portugal, the history of Europea and the World, paying broad attention to the diversity of cultures, civilizations and peoples.
- Includes various disciplines of generic training skills (quantitative methods, information and communication technologies), useful for any professional activity.
- Includes a strong interdisciplinary component that allows students to deepen and diversify existing scientific knowledge in other areas in ISCTE-IUL.
- In addition to giving a solid background in Historical Sciences allows students to deepen their knowledge in various areas (Cultural studies Social and Economic sciences, International relations).
- Allows the internationalization of knowledge - the History Department regularly organizes lectures, conferences, seminars and events with the participation of foreign professors.
- In collaboration with the Center for Research and Studies of Sociology (CIES-IUL) promotes the inclusion of students in research initiation activities.
Information regarding COVID-19
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the Portuguese government has temporarily closed all schools and universities from March 12th 2020.
In light of this, ISCTE - Instituto Universitário de Lisboa will be suspending face-to-face classes and offering all programs remotely instead. For more information about this, please contact the university.
For more details visit university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Full tuition fee for EU students: 3190.41 EUR
Full tuition fee for Non-EU students: 16500 EUR
About this institute
ISCTE-University Institute of Lisbon
Founded in 1972, the University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL) is one of the most prestigious public universities in Portugal, particularly focused on postgraduate studies and scientific research. It is organized in four schools: ISCTE Business School, School of Sociology and...
Want to know more about Bachelor's degree in Modern and Contemporary History (in Portuguese only)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic