BA in International Relations (IR)International University of Sarajevo
BA in International Relations (IR)
All available course dates
BA in International Relations (IR)
The IR program seeks to connect theory with practice by providing students with a quality education coupled with the practical tools necessary to be successful in the real world by enabling students to understand and analyse the actors, decision-making processes, and institutions at the local, regional, and international levels. The field of International Relations is multidisciplinary and it includes history, political science, economics, sociology, philosophy, and anthropology. Some of the more specific areas that our program focuses on:
The conditions necessary for peace in the international system, the role of international organisations, the great powers and emerging powers in world affairs, the role played by personal and group affinities in shaping the identities that bear upon international conflict and cooperation, issues related to integration to the European Union and NATO, contemporary diplomatic issues/crises pertaining to the Balkan Region, foreign policy decision-making process, as well as conflict resolution and analysis
Who is it aimed for?
Directors, executives, etc.
To apply, please visit the institute website. The following documents are required:
- Passport copy (with validity period of at least two years)
- A clean criminal record
- High school diploma
- High school full transcript last 4 year HS education(A-level and A-level transcripts)
- Motivation letter
- IELTS or TOFEL English language certificat B2 level with 6.00 overall score (Applicants may have the choice of either taking TOEFL/IELTS certificates or sitting for the IUS English Placement and Proficiency Tests)
- A photo
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to International Relations
- Mathematical Skills
- Introduction to Microeconomics
- Introduction to Sociology
- Introduction to Political Science
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Academic English and Effective Communication
- International Relations Theories
- Politics in Europe
- Comparative Political Analysis
- Religion and Politics
- Critical Reading and Writing
- International Issues in the Balkans
- International Law
- EU System
- Foreign Policy Analysis
- Political Geography and Geopolitics
- Contemporary International Politics
- Research Methodology and Design
- International Political Economy
- Security Studies
- International Organisations
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Work Placement/ Internship
- Graduation Project or 2 program electives
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees for EU students: 4500 EUR
- Tuition fees for Non-EU students: 4500 EUR
Upon completion of the program, many of our students have continued in graduate studies in top level universities in Europe, Turkey, and the United States.
Graduates of our program have gone on to find jobs in respectable international agencies, government, and non-governmental organisations (NGO’s). Many of our students have also found jobs in the private sector that value analytical thinking and the knowledge of foreign languages.
About this institute
International University of Sarajevo
Established in Sarajevo the beautiful capital of Bosnia-Herzegovina in 2004, IUS has become a leading higher education institution, both locally and internationally. IUS takes great pride in having climbed steadily to the top private university position in Bosnia-Herzegovina over the...
Want to know more about BA in International Relations (IR)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
You may also like...