About this program
Become a qualified horticulturalist. The course provides an opportunity to interact with and learn from very successful, highly qualified and experienced professionals.
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career as a horticulturalist
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a horticulture pro in months not years!
- Study a horticulture course that was designed in conjunction with senior members of the profession
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as $39 per week
There are no previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- The Plant Kingdom
- Plant Propagation
- Outdoor Food Production
- Garden Planning
- The Root Environment and Plant Nutrition
- Protected Cultivation
- Horticulture Plant Selection, Establishment and Maintenance
- Horticultural Plant Health Problems
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the Institute website for more information.
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Tuition fee: $1199
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a horticulture
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipHort
Horticulture presents a very diverse range of career opportunities. Many positions require working outdoors with the use of management, science, design, planning and technical skills. The most common areas of horticulture include:
Arboriculture: the care and management of urban trees.
Design: designers work to create gardens that are attractive to the eye as well as practical. Sites typically include private gardens, public parks and reserves, indoor facilities and newly developed housing estates. Designers are frequently self-employed.
Gardens and landscape: gardening make over television shows have never been more popular. Business is booming for those in the landscaping business. It is a wonderful opportunity for self employment or seeking employment with an established landscaping company.
Nurseries: plant growing is the foundation of horticulture. Nurseries range from growing, where new plants grown in special conditions to retail, where sales of plants are made to the public.
Sports turf management: The production and maintenance of special grasses is required for sporting facilities such as golf courses, cricket pitches and football ovals. The industry involves turf grass research, science and technology as well as the production, marketing and sales of turf grass products and services.
About this institute
Distance Learning & Home Study courses by ICI
With courses from the International Career Institute (ICI), participants can develop their careers or pursue a new career with flexible, online study options that participants can study at their own time and at their own pace. Through ICI courses, participants will gain...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
I found the floristry course very informative and gained proper knowledge on the floristry industry in all aspects. The tutors were great and very helpful with any questions I asked. I would recommend this course to anyone who loves flower arranging or has a desire for a new career in this industry. A very detailed, fun and informative course.