About this program
Fashion Design Diploma
The ICI Fashion Design course has been designed in consultation with the fashion industry and teaches you the skills that you need to succeed quickly and conveniently.
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career in fashion design
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a fashion design pro in months not years!
- Study a fashion design course that was designed in conjunction with the fashion design industry
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as $39 per week
- Exciting, diverse projects
There are no previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Students may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Fashion and Design
- What is Fashion?
- Why We Buy
- Fashion History
- Fashion Categories
- Garment Design and Drawings
- Sketching Design’s
- Pattern Making and Manufacturing
Fashion Design Skills
- Textile and Sewing Knowledge
- Sketching by Hand
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD) Skills
Fashion Design Careers
- Finding Your Ideal Job
- Types of Employers and Positions
- Finding Jobs: Advertised Positions & Unadvertised Positions
- Your Portfolio, Resume & Cover Letter
- Interviews: How to Prepare, How to Dress, Make a Great Impression, Questions to Expect,
- Following Up & Discussing Salary
Starting Your Own Business
- Business Plans
- Your Marketing Plan
- Your Financial Plan and Projections
- Choosing a Name
- Equipment and Supplies
- Fabric Supply
- Manufacturing Needs
- Hiring Assistants or Contractors
- Price Setting
Fashion Design Marketing
- Define Your Market
- Type of Garments
- Who Will Wear Your Designs
- Your Price Range
- Your Unique Selling Point (USP)
- Promotional Tools
- Advertising, Websites, Catalogues and Publicity
- Finding Wholesale Buyers
- Speciality Stores and Boutiques
- Trade Shows / Runway Shows
- Getting Into a Fashion Magazine
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the Institute website for more information.
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
- Tuition fee for Diploma: $1199
- Tuition fee for Advanced Diploma: $1599
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as an fashion designer
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipFDsgn
The fashion industry offers exciting and glamorous career paths that many people only dream about.
The ICI Fashion Design Program is designed by industry professionals to assist you to gain a job as a fashion designer or start your own fashion design business.
There are many fashion design career paths for you to choose from. Some designers will work for leading label fashion houses while others will be employed by mass-market manufacturers of men’s, women’s and children’s apparel. Others start their own fashion design business, establishing a distinctive style and overseeing fashion creation.
About this institute
Distance Learning & Home Study courses by ICI
With courses from the International Career Institute (ICI), participants can develop their careers or pursue a new career with flexible, online study options that participants can study at their own time and at their own pace. Through ICI courses, participants will gain...
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews.
I have wanted to get into fashion design for years. With a mortgage and a full time job it was impossible for me to go back to school. The distance learning format enabled me to gain skills and take steps towards creating my own label all while having the backup of my current job!
The courses are very easy to use and follow. I always received prompt friendly replies from my tutor. The course structure flows freely. I am very satisfied with the course and results...