About this program
Catering & Cooking Diploma
Become a caterer and learn essential cooking skills. This course provides an opportunity to interact with and learn from very successful, highly qualified and experienced professionals and master chefs. It also allows you to enter a profession which will continue to prosper for as long as society demands food.
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career or business plans into catering & cooking
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a caterer in months not years!
- Study a catering and cooking course that was designed in conjunction with senior members of the profession
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor
- Easy interest-free payment plans from as low as $39 per week
There are no previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Human Nutrition
- Kitchen and food nutrition
- Planning a Menu
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Tea, Coffee and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Scope and Nature of Catering Services
- Personal Management
- Management of Catering Services
- Menu Planning on a Small Scale
- Menu Planning on a Large Scale
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the Institute website for more information.
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Tuition fee: $1199
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of Catering & Cooking studies and training
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipCtrCk
Graduating from a Cooking and Catering Course will position you for an industry and profession which has consistently grown each year since 1998. The latest government statistics forecast a similar growth into the future which is a sound indication (Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations).
About this institute
Distance Learning & Home Study courses by ICI
With courses from the International Career Institute (ICI), participants can develop their careers or pursue a new career with flexible, online study options that participants can study at their own time and at their own pace. Through ICI courses, participants will gain...