About this program
The ICI advertising program designed in conjunction with industry leaders helps you learn the skills you need to succeed in advertising quickly and conveniently.
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career in advertising
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become an advertising pro in months not years!
- Study an advertising course that was designed in conjunction with advertising industry leaders
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor
- Easy interest-free payment plans from as low as $39 per week
There are no previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
General Concepts of Advertising
- Advertising Strategies
- Primary and Selective Advertising
- Institutional Advertising
- Relationship of Objectives of Marketing and Advertising
- The Advertising Budget
- Methods of Financing the Advertising Budget
- The Creative Process – Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
- The Media
- The Campaign Concept
- The Creative Process in Television
- Production for TV
- Evaluation of the TV Commercial
- The Creation in the other Media
- Media Strategy
- Techniques of Media Planning
- The Digital Technology and the Future of the Media
The Advertising Agency
- History and Evolution
- Agency Service Organization
- Fees and Discounts
The Creative Process in Advertising
- The Creative Attitude
- Creative Characteristics
- Conditions for the Creative Process
- Generation of Ideas
Memory Mechanisms In Advertising
- What is Memory?
- Immediate memory
- Photographic memory (Eidetic)
- Short-Term Memory
- Long-Term Memory
- Categories of Memory
- Those “Scripts”
- Repetition and Messages Recall
- Working with distributors / middlemen
- Contributing to the organization and operations
- Promotion in Point of Purchase (P.O.P.)
- Stimulating Middlemen Traffic
- Cooperative Advertising Training Middlemen’s Salespersons
- Incentivizing Middlemen’s Salespersons
- Stimulating Consumers / Users
- The Evolution of the Salesperson
- Compensation of the Salesperson
- The process of the Sale
- Creative sale – Reasons that drive buying
- AIDA: Attention, Interest, Desire, Action
- How to develop a list of potential clients
- Securing the interview
- Effective interview
- Objections, how to rebut them, Closing the Sale
- Selection and Training of Salespersons
Third Part: Distribution And Channels Of Distribution
- The Distributed Goods
- The Function Of Distribution
- Channels Of Distribution And Their Interrelation
- The Self-Service outlet
- Classifications Of Middlemen
- Policies And Strategies Of Distribution
- Zoning (Sales Territories) / Example Of Zoning
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the Institute website for more information.
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Tuition fee: $1199
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as an advertising specialist
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipPhrmcyA
Start an exciting career in a field which influences consumer behaviour worldwide. Why complete an advertising training program? With the right credentials, you can gain excellent positions with:
- Advertising agencies
- Public relations agencies
- Advertising departments of large
- Marketing departments
- Retail advertising department
- Metropolitan, suburban and country newspapers
- Magazine publishing companies
- Television and television stations
- Marketing departments
- Retail advertising department
About this institute
Distance Learning & Home Study courses by ICI
With courses from the International Career Institute (ICI), participants can develop their careers or pursue a new career with flexible, online study options that participants can study at their own time and at their own pace. Through ICI courses, participants will gain...
Average rating 5Based on 4 reviews.
I would like to say thank you to all your staff. Friendly and courteous people are always a pleasure to learn with.