Master in Negotiation and Conflict ResolutionInstituto Séneca - Centro Internacional de Postgrado
About this program
Master in Negotiation and Conflict Resolution.
In a globalized environment, in which bilateralism and multilateralism dominate international relations, and where negotiation and mediation are an important part of the agenda, and manifest or latent conflicts require attention, the role of an expert in both areas, training that you can acquire with this Master in negotiation and conflict resolution.
The membership of nation-states in integration schemes and their membership in different intergovernmental organizations make negotiations a powerful weapon to achieve quotas of power and spheres of influence, and conflict resolution techniques in debate forums and it is committed to the transformation of those realities that have to be overcome, and where human dignity and survival struggle to prevail in scenarios of death and lack of control.
Additionally, the set of actors around the Nation-State, such as non-governmental organizations, transnational companies, multinationals, and other political, economic, military, and social agents, interact with the State and with each other, at the local, regional, and worldwide, make the management of negotiation techniques essential for the development of the activities resulting from all these interactions. This Master's in negotiation and conflict resolution is aimed at people who want to carry out this activity professionally.
The complexity of the relationships and the great interests, rarely coincident and present as conditioning factors of situations and circumstances, generate a series of conflicts of a different nature, with different repercussions and with unpredictable scope, which must be attended to professionally, these skills you can acquire them with our Master in negotiation and conflict resolution.
This Master in Negotiation and Conflict Resolution is aimed at:
- Politicians with or without government positions
Military personnel on peacekeeping missions
Officials of international organizations
Diplomats with negotiating responsibilities
NGO staff and volunteers in fieldwork
Graduates in Journalism, Law, Political CC, Social CC, Psychology, etc.
For more specific admissions requirements, please contact the institute.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Part I – THE CONFLICTS
- Theories and approaches to conflict
- International doctrine and types of conflict
- Dynamics and intensity of conflict: displaced persons, refugees
- National conflicts
- Failed States
- The notion of international armed conflict
- The bases of conflict
- Women and conflict
- International terrorism: instruments, classification, violent actions, motivation
- Security in conflict zones
Part II – DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Theory of international conflict resolution
- The role of international actors in a conflict
- International organizations and conflicts: intergovernmental and non-governmental
- Diplomatic or political means: negotiation, good offices, mediation, investigation, conciliation
- Legal means: arbitration and judicial settlement
- Violent or coercive means: psychological, armed, and military in nature
- “Roadmaps” and negotiation
- Models of peace processes and analysis of contemporary conflicts
- The United Nations and the peaceful settlement of disputes
- The application of Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law
Part III – INTERNATIONAL MEDIATION
- Fundamentals of mediation
- The mediation process
- Models of mediation
- Skills of the mediator
- Ethics in mediation
Part IV – THE INTERNATIONAL NEGOTIATION
- The structure of negotiation: objectives, types, interactions
- The role of the negotiator
- The decision-making process
- The negotiation process
- Negotiation styles
- Multicultural negotiation
Part V – POST-CONFLICT PREVENTION AND REHABILITATION
- Irenology, Polemology, and the costs of a conflict
- Crisis management and conflict transformation
- Techniques and tactics in conflict prevention
- Post-conflict rehabilitation – Post-conflict
- Peacekeeping Missions
The study of the program is carried out through the Virtual Campus, where the training contents are found. Students have a team of teacher-tutors who will guide and guide them throughout the entire study period. Online classes and conferences are regularly held in which you can participate and later access the recordings.
The Séneca Institute will offer professional guidance to students who have work experience, and internship periods to those who request it, both in Spain and in some of the host cities of the most important OO.II.such as New York, Washington, Geneva, Vienna, Paris, Rome, Brussels, among others.
Standard Fee: €2,850
This Professional Master's Degree, equivalent to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), has a university degree awarded by the Catholic University of Murcia, UCAM, accompanied by 60 ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer System).
- Officials or politicians at negotiating tables or rounds
- Delegates to intergovernmental organizations
- NGOs and task forces for observation, prevention, and post-conflict reconciliation
- peacekeeping missions
- Observers in democratization processes
- Volunteering in countries at risk of conflict
- Responsible for Cooperation Projects
- Humanitarian Aid Staff
- international consulting
Message the school
About this institute
Instituto Séneca - Centro Internacional de Postgrado
The Séneca Institute, International Postgraduate Center, based in Madrid, and present in the field of training for more than 25 years, designs and develops a series of programs that respond to the market need for qualified professionals in areas of...
Why study at Instituto Séneca - Centro Internacional de Postgrado
More than two decades support us and give an account of the achievements acquired by postgraduate education of professionals from more than 75 nationalities in the five continents. We have helped these students to achieve their professional goals by providing strong education and setting them up with the proper tools to achieve their goals through the knowledge and skills acquired in each subject, as well as local or international practices.
We have the most complete programs in each one of our specializations with study material of our own development that is concentrating the contents on all the aspects that need to be known around a topic or management area, which represents a true economy of effort for the student.
All Courses and Master's programs can be followed in the blended learning version or entirely online. In the first case, the Seneca Institute provides the necessary certificates to obtain a student visa for those students who reside outside of Spain. In the second case, tutoring and interaction with the students are taken care of so that they feel integrated and supported for the duration of their education.
Contact us, and we can guide you in an education that updates your knowledge and expands it through specialization, or that leads you to a professional requalification.
Instituto Séneca - Centro Internacional de Postgrado
Want to know more about Master in Negotiation and Conflict Resolution? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!