Master Public Relations and Corporate Communication
The Master in Strategic Management of Public Relations allows the updating of professionals in practice and the consolidation of analytical and technical skills of recent graduates in the area of Public Relations / Public Communication. In a complex and global world, the management of relations between different audiences is a priority, both in analogical and digital communicational contexts. Public Relations are thus a strategic organizational function, which helps to express the identity of companies, public or private entities, non-governmental organizations, groups and even individuals, allowing them to be recognized by their different interlocutors and to achieve a closer relationship, trust and active involvement.
The Second Cycle in Public Relations Strategic Management is a master degree developed by the Organizational Communication Department. It was developed to deepen Professional competencies and research in this area of applied communication.
- Hold a Bachelor's degree or legal equivalent or
- Hold a foreign higher academic degree conferred following a 1st cycle of studies organized in accordance with the principles of Bologna by a State adhering to this Process or
- Hold a foreign higher academic degree that is recognized as meeting the objectives of the degree by the statutory competent scientific body of the higher education institution where you intend to be admitted or
- Be the holder of a school, scientific or professional curriculum, which is recognized as attesting the capacity to carry out this cycle of studies by the statutory competent scientific body of the higher education institution where he intends to be admitted.
- Document proving a bachelor's degree or legal equivalent or with a school, scientific or professional curriculum , depending on the condition of access by the international student
- Discrimination of subjects , credits or workloads and respective grades
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae ;
- Motivation letter and recommendation letters when they exist.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Strategy In Public Relations
- Communication and Mediation
- Stakeholders Relationship Management
- Research Methodologies
- Option 1 & 2
- Communication, Art and Design
- Digital Communications Strategies
- Management and Finance
- Communication Management In Multinational Companies
- Monitoring and Evaluation in Public Relations
- Public Communication Campaigns
- Research Methodologies Applied to Public Relations
- Option 3 & 4
- Visual Cultures
- Organization Skills
- Advertising Language
- New Consumers, New Consumptions
- Project Seminars in Public Relations and Organizational Communication
- Thematic Seminars in Public Relations and Organizational Communication
- Project/Internship/Dissertation in Applied Investigation
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The tuition fee for both local/EU and international students is: 3,300€ per year
The successful completion of the first academic year allows to obtain a postgraduate diploma in Strategic Public Relations.
The objectives of the course are:
- To train students, as PR (Strategic Communication) professionals, to lead and innovate in the management of all communication processes - both in terms of research and planning, as well as implementation and evaluation - in organizations from different sectors of activity;
- Enable students to reflect on scientific and technical advances, aiming at both fundamental and applied research in the fields in question;
- Integrate research and practice (case studies ) in an innovative way.
In-house in Companies, Institutions, Entities or Public Bodies:
- Director / Manager of Public Relations
- Director / Manager of Integrated Communication
- Director / Manager of Institutional Relations
- Director / Manager of Corporate Communication
- Director / Manager of Internal Communication
- Director / Manager of Social Media
- Director / Digital Communication Manager
- Director / Media Relations
- Manager Director / Public Affairs Manager
Outsourcing in Agencies or as an Independent Consultant:
- Consultant / Adviser in Risk Communication
- Consultant / Adviser in Crisis Management
- Consultant / Adviser in Corporate Communication
- Consultant / Adviser in Media Advisory and Mediatraining
- Consultant / Adviser in Management and Event Planning
- Consultant / Project Adviser Integrated in Institutional Communication
- Consultant / Advisor in Social Media
- Consultant / Advisor in Digital Communication
- Consultant / Advisor in Financial Communication
- Consultant / Advisor in Communication for Development
About this institute
Instituto Politécnico de Lisboa
Located in the metropolitan area of Lisbon and composed of eight schools, IPL- Politécnico de Lisboa is a public institution with a long history in the field of higher education. IPL is composed of the following schools: School of Communication...
Want to know more about Master Public Relations and Corporate Communication? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...