The Master in Journalism combines a component of cultural training and applied research with a component of professional and experimental training. It is intended to deepen the problems of studies on media and journalism and to provide students with specific skills in areas of journalistic specialization.
The Second Cycle in Journalism is a master degree developed by the Journalism Department. It was developed to deepen Professional competencies and research in this area of applied communication.
- Hold a Bachelor's degree or legal equivalent or
- Hold a foreign higher academic degree conferred following a 1st cycle of studies organized in accordance with the principles of Bologna by a State adhering to this Process or
- Hold a foreign higher academic degree that is recognized as meeting the objectives of the degree by the statutory competent scientific body of the higher education institution where you intend to be admitted or
- Be the holder of a school, scientific or professional curriculum, which is recognized as attesting the capacity to carry out this cycle of studies by the statutory competent scientific body of the higher education institution where he intends to be admitted.
- Document proving a bachelor's degree or legal equivalent or with a school, scientific or professional curriculum , depending on the condition of access by the international student
- Discrimination of subjects , credits or workloads and respective grades
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae ;
- Motivation letter and recommendation letters when they exist.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Compared Media Systems
- Media Management
- Social Responsibility of Media
- Research Methodologies
- Option 1 & 2
- TV Broadcasting, Interviewing and Presentation
- Newswriting, Interviewing and Press Edition
- Culture and Politics In the Media Sphere
- Critical Issues In Contemporary Journalism
- Seminar On Journalistic Studies
- Research Methodologies Applied to Journalism
- Option 3 & 4
- Cyberjournalism Radio Broadcasting,
- Interviewing and Edition
- European Political Systems and International Relations
- Journalism Project Seminar
- Thematic Seminars on Journalism
- Thesis / Project / Internship
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The tuition fee for both local/EU and international students is: 3,300€ per year
The successful completion of the first academic year allows to obtain a postgraduate diploma in Journalistic Practices and Studies.
The objectives of the course are:
- Knowing how to problematize critical issues in contemporary journalism and reflect on the ethical and social implications resulting from the exercise of the profession;
- Develop skills in the field of thematic journalism (political, cultural and science, economic, legal and sports);
- To deepen the practices, languages and techniques on which journalism is based, from television and radio journalism to press and digital journalism.
- Professional journalism - press, radio, television, agency and multimedia.
- Production of content for institutional journalistic publications in printed or digital media.
- Research in the area of media and journalism.
About this institute
Instituto Politécnico de Lisboa
Located in the metropolitan area of Lisbon and composed of eight schools, IPL- Politécnico de Lisboa is a public institution with a long history in the field of higher education. IPL is composed of the following schools: School of Communication...
Want to know more about Master Journalism? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America