Master Biomedical EngineeringInstituto Politécnico de Lisboa
Master Biomedical Engineering
All available course dates
Master Biomedical Engineering
This course is offered directed mainly towards those who hold (at least) a first cycle graduation in the health sciences or engineering domains and other closely related fields of knowledge, and wish to find a multidisciplinary specialization in the area of emergent knowledge between Medicine and Engineering, and in the scope of lifelong learning. A markedly applied formation in biomedical engineering is intended, formatted to allow the acquisition of scientific and technical knowledge that allows a deep and specialized intervention in this area.
National and International collaborations connected to natural sciences, health sciences, engineering sciences and biomedical technologies, with other higher learning institutions, research institutions, companies and institutions of the health sector.
- Hold a Bachelor's degree or legal equivalent or
- Hold a foreign higher academic degree conferred following a 1st cycle of studies organized in accordance with the principles of Bologna by a State adhering to this Process or
- Hold a foreign higher academic degree that is recognized as meeting the objectives of the degree by the statutory competent scientific body of the higher education institution where you intend to be admitted or
- Be the holder of a school, scientific or professional curriculum, which is recognized as attesting the capacity to carry out this cycle of studies by the statutory competent scientific body of the higher education institution where he intends to be admitted.
- Document proving a bachelor's degree or legal equivalent or with a school, scientific or professional curriculum , depending on the condition of access by the international student
- Discrimination of subjects , credits or workloads and respective grades
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae ;
- Motivation letter and recommendation letters when they exist.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Nanotechnology and Biosensors
- Seminars I
- Sensors and Electronics
- Genetic Engineering and Molecular Diagnosis
- Advanced Medical Physics
- Image Processing
- Healthcare Information Systems
- Medical Instrumentation
- Prosthetics & Orthotics and Artificial Organs
- Regenerative Medicine
- Seminars II
- Advanced Human Therapies
- Automatic Learning
- Medical Equipment Management
- Research Methods and Communication
- Quality management in healthcare
- Final Project and Thesis I
- Final Project and Thesis II
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The tuition fee for both local/EU and international students is: 6,100€ per year
It is intended to contribute strongly to professional enhancement, either by developing new scientific knowledge or knowledge with high applicability and consequently employability in various activities related to the health sector.
The Master in Biomedical Engineering allows to acquire knowledge and skills that allow these professionals to work in several organizations and companies that operate directly or indirectly in the Health Sector, in Portugal and abroad, such as:
- Health service units (Hospitals, Health Centers and Clinics and Clinical Laboratories)
- Development companies manufacturing or marketing diagnostic, therapeutic, rehabilitation and life support equipment
- Diagnostic laboratories
- Fundamental and applied research institutes and centers in the health sector
- Pharmaceutical, Medical and Biotechnology Industry
- Health consultancy and service providers within the scope of equipment quality control
- Entities Accreditation Bodies and Organizations Certification products, processes or services in the health area
- The Government agencies and regulatory bodies in the health sector
About this institute
Instituto Politécnico de Lisboa
Located in the metropolitan area of Lisbon and composed of eight schools, IPL- Politécnico de Lisboa is a public institution with a long history in the field of higher education. IPL is composed of the following schools: School of Communication...
Want to know more about Master Biomedical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates