Bachelor Mechanical EngineeringInstituto Politécnico de Lisboa
Bachelor Mechanical Engineering
All available course dates
Bachelor Mechanical Engineering
The Study program under consideration is based on the guiding principles and objectives underlying its integration in the space of the European Higher Education. Hence, the Mechanical Engineer to be formed will operate in a national and international space, in highly competitive environments, being its training governed by high standards. The training aims to achieve an engineer with a professional profile type generalist, able to confront and solve new problems creatively and adapt to the demands of a diversified and competitive market work, ensuring students a component of knowledge application and competencies acquired to the concrete activities of their professional profile. Are still structuring objectives of the training, the graduates foster attitudes and actions that by their nature of innovation and quality, add value to the business sectors in which they might be inserted.
The employability of graduates is very broad and may extend from the Production to the Services, with particular emphasis in the areas of Maintenance, Automation and Control, Metalworking, Construction and Ship Repair, Manufacturing, Production Control, Quality Assurance, Consulting, Projects of Industrial and Systems Engineering and Mechanical Equipment, among others. The objectives of the study cycle clearly betting on fostering conducting research in emerging technologies.
- Hold a Portuguese secondary school diploma or
- Possess a qualification diploma legally equivalent to Portuguese secondary education or
- Hold a qualification that gives access to higher education, in the country of origin
- Document proving the completion of Portuguese secondary education or equivalent (ENEM, in case of Brazilian students) or, the necessary and sufficient qualification for access to higher education in the country of origin duly certified by the competent authorities.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Materials Science
- Mathematical Analysis I
- Applied Linear Algebra
- Physics I
- Technical Drawing
- Introduction to Programming
- Vector Analysis and Differential Equations
- Physics II
- Applied Mechanics
- Computer Aided Design - CAD
- Electrical Technology
- Applied Chemistry
- Numerical Methods
- Electrical Machines Fundamentals
- Mechanical Drafting
- Mechanical Technology I
- Mechanics of Materials I
- Applied Statistics to Engineering
- Applied Thermodynamics
- Mechanics of Materials II
- Fluid Mechanics
- Electronics and Instrumentation
- Operation Management
- Mechanical Technology II
- Air Conditioning Basics
- Heat Transfer
- Reciprocating Engines
- Elements of Machine Design
- Seminar I - Design Introduction
- LEM Option I
- Mechanical Design
- Maintenance Management
- Quality Management
- Fluid Networks
- Automation of Industrial Processes
- Seminar II – Ethics and Professional Deontology
- LEM Option II
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The tuition fee for both local/EU and international students is: 6,100€ per year
Credit Points: 180
Without prejudice to other sectors of activity where we can also find Mechanical Engineers, trained by ISEL, the following areas should be highlighted:
- Industrial Maintenance
- Naval Construction and Repair
- Manufacturing Industry
- Production Control
- Quality Assurance
- Consultancy and Industrial Engineering Projects and Mechanical Systems and Equipment, among others.
About this institute
Instituto Politécnico de Lisboa
Located in the metropolitan area of Lisbon and composed of eight schools, IPL- Politécnico de Lisboa is a public institution with a long history in the field of higher education. IPL is composed of the following schools: School of Communication...
Want to know more about Bachelor Mechanical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America