Bachelor Law Studies
The Law Studies is a manager of economically important Legal interests, in a non-litigious manner, and their trademark is knowing how to settle.
The main objective of the ISCAL Law Studies Bachelor degree consists in qualifying professionals at a higher education level to solve problems, issues and proceedings of a legal nature with respect to companies, families and citizens without resorting to more expensive means which take longer in settling. In this regard, an ISCAL qualified solicitor does not only know the Law, but is also qualified in the fields of finance and business, accounting and mastery of languages for legal purposes (English and Castilian), and they also apply this knowledge, still in a pedagogical context, through the Simulation Project Applied to Solicitor, the objective of which consists in experiencing the profession and being prepared for professional practice.
The ISCAL Solicitor Bachelor degree is unique, in Public Higher Education, in the Lisbon area, the largest national legal market, where this offering is not otherwise available.
- Hold a Portuguese secondary school diploma or
- Possess a qualification diploma legally equivalent to Portuguese secondary education or
- Hold a qualification that gives access to higher education, in the country of origin
- Document proving the completion of Portuguese secondary education or equivalent (ENEM, in case of Brazilian students) or, the necessary and sufficient qualification for access to higher education in the country of origin duly certified by the competent authorities
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to the Study of Law
- Constitutional Law
- Financial Calculations
- Legal Information Systems
- Introduction to Accounting
- Techniques of Expression
- General Theory of Civil Law
- Administrative Law
- Financial Accounting
- Legal English I
- Introduction to Organisations
- Introduction to Economics
- Law of Obligations I
- Civil Procedural Law I
- Family Law
- Real Right
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Legal English II
- Contract Law II
- Labour Law and Procedure
- Civil Procedural Law II
- Business Spanish
- Inheritance Law
- Financial and Investment Management
- Criminal Law and Proceedings
- Commercial Law
- Tax Law
- Law on Notaries and Registrations
- Legal Spanish I
- Simulation Project Applied to Solicitor I
- Tax Systems
- European Union Law
- Ethics and Deontology
- Practical Forensics and Court Costs
- Legal Spanish II
- Simulation Project Applied to Solicitor II
The tuition fee for both local/EU and international students is: 3,300€ per year
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The Solicitor Bachelor degree qualifies skilled professionals to perform, in particular, the following functions and activities:
- Perform their duties throughout the entire national territory, and in any jurisdiction, court, authority or public or private entity, judicially or extrajudicially;
- Represent, advise and accompany citizens with any public administration agency, defending their rights;
- Represent citizens, national companies or foreign and public organisations, in the multitude of legal transactions, preparing and obtaining all documentation;
- Prepare contracts and drafts of public deeds;
- Certify translations, authenticate signatures;
- Intervene in all actions which do not require the appointment of a lawyer (example: inventories, legal apportionment, notification of preference, judicial determination of time limits, injunctions, executive proceedings);
- Executive Agent;
- Estate Administrator;
- Corporate Consultant and/or Head of collection systems.
About this institute
Instituto Politécnico de Lisboa
Located in the metropolitan area of Lisbon and composed of eight schools, IPL- Politécnico de Lisboa is a public institution with a long history in the field of higher education. IPL is composed of the following schools: School of Communication...
Want to know more about Bachelor Law Studies? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...