The Journalism course creates professionals that can answer the needs of a labour market that is increasingly demanding and competitive. The students have a social sciences background, in order to obtain the much needed cultural and communication competencies indispensable to the job. At the same time journalism workshops – written, radio, television and digital – will allow them to simulate the expressions and the production routines of each media.
- Hold a Portuguese secondary school diploma or
- Possess a qualification diploma legally equivalent to Portuguese secondary education or
- Hold a qualification that gives access to higher education, in the country of origin
- Document proving the completion of Portuguese secondary education or equivalent (ENEM, in case of Brazilian students) or, the necessary and sufficient qualification for access to higher education in the country of origin duly certified by the competent authorities
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Communication Theories
- History and Politics of the Contemporary World
- English for Journalism
- Journalism Laboratory I
- Portuguese Language
- Communication and Language
- Social Analysis
- Contemporary Portugal
- Ethics and Deontology in Journalism
- Journalism Laboratory II
- Expression Techniques for the Portuguese Language
- Sociology of Communication
- Economic Analysis
- Journalistic Discourse Analysis
- Media History
- Screenwriting for Journalism
- Audiovisual Caption and Editing Workshop
- Communication Law
- Visual Languages
- Theories of Journalism
- Journalism Laboratory III
- Radio Broadcasting Workshop
- Television Broadcasting Workshop
- Intercultural Communication
- Media System
- Multiplatform Journalism Workshop
- Visual Journalism
- Option 1 and 2
- Multimedia Editing Workshop
- TV Report Workshop
- Interview Techniques Workshop
- Literary Journalism
- Culture and Media
- International Journalism
- Entrepreneurship, Journalism and Creative Industries
- Political Sociology
- Contemporary Challenges for Journalism
- Option 3
- Multimedia Journalism
- New Expressions of Radio
- Directing the Documentary
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The tuition fee for both local/EU and international students is: 3,300€ per year
- Professional journalism - press, radio, television, agency and multimedia.
- Production of content for institutional journalistic publications in printed or digital media.
- Research in the area of media and journalism.
- Activities whose central core is the public transmission of journalistic content.
About this institute
Instituto Politécnico de Lisboa
Located in the metropolitan area of Lisbon and composed of eight schools, IPL- Politécnico de Lisboa is a public institution with a long history in the field of higher education. IPL is composed of the following schools: School of Communication...
Want to know more about Bachelor Journalism? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...