Bachelor Civil EngineeringInstituto Politécnico de Lisboa
Bachelor Civil Engineering
All available course dates
Bachelor Civil Engineering
The Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering has a program based on the accumulation of credits in several scientific areas with the main objective of providing the students with a strong background in:
- Basic Sciences (basic scientific training, enabling the acquisition of further
- Skills of broader scope in a wide range of domains;
- Engineering Sciences (application of the Basic Sciences to general models;
- Complementary Sciences (not belonging to the scientific area of the course;
- Specialty Sciences (direct application to real problems of civil engineering.
- Hold a Portuguese secondary school diploma or
- Possess a qualification diploma legally equivalent to Portuguese secondary education or
- Hold a qualification that gives access to higher education, in the country of origin
- Document proving the completion of Portuguese secondary education or equivalent (ENEM, in case of Brazilian students) or, the necessary and sufficient qualification for access to higher education in the country of origin duly certified by the competent authorities
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Linear Algebra and Analytic Geometry
- Calculus I
- General Drawing
- Computer Science and Programming
- Geology Engineering
- Probability and Statistics for Engineering
- Calculus II
- Drawing and Computer-Aided Design
- General Physics
- Urbanism and Transportation
- Mathematical Methods for Civil Engineering
- Physics for Civil Engineers
- Strengths of Materials I
- Construction Materials Technology I
- Hydraulics I
- Construction Management
- Strength of Materials II
- Structural Analysis
- Construction Materials Technology II
- Soil Mechanics
- Hydraulics II
- Management in Construction
- Retaining Structures and Foundations
- Structural Concrete I
- Thermal and acoustics in Buildings
- Transportation Infrastrutures I
- Urban Hydraulics I
- Management of Construction Works
- Structural Concrete II
- Design of Structures
- Construction and Rehabilitation Technologies
- Transportation Infrastructures II
- Urban Hydraulics II
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The tuition fee for both local/EU and international students is: 6,100€ per year
Credit Points: 180
Taking into account all curricular units, it allows to obtain the following skills: In the area of Studies and Projects:
- Projects for the stability of current building structures
- Studies of thermal, hygrometric and acoustic behavior of buildings
- Fire safety projects
- Building water supply network projects
- Building drainage network projects (wastewater and rainwater)
- Projects of streets and roads of small dimension and local character
- Collaboration in medium and high importance road communication projects
- Collaboration in railway communication projects
- Collaboration in allotment projects
About this institute
Instituto Politécnico de Lisboa
Located in the metropolitan area of Lisbon and composed of eight schools, IPL- Politécnico de Lisboa is a public institution with a long history in the field of higher education. IPL is composed of the following schools: School of Communication...
Want to know more about Bachelor Civil Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America