BA (Hons) Acting
Classes typically run daily from 09:00 to 18:00 and longer when working on projects. Each year is divided into modules covering specific areas of learning. Each module includes assessment points that will help you to measure your own development. As the course progresses you will combine your acquired skills and bring together all areas of learning, in a series of public performances.
You will gain solid foundational skills in acting, voice, movement and singing through class workshops, scene studies, small and large group presentations. These skills are developed by exploring a variety of challenging classical and contemporary texts, physical theatre, acting for the camera and radio, devising, and interdisciplinary projects. Finally, you will employ your learning in a number of public performances, working with professional production teams. All three years are underpinned by the study of theatre history, criticism and theory, delivered through lectures, seminars, class-based exercises, presentations and research projects. Together with a final year of dedicated professional preparation, we give you all the tools required to prepare you for a career in the performing arts industry.
Successful audition, IELTs 6.5 or equivalent, and the national university entry academic qualification of your country equivalent to 104 UK Tariff points or 24 points from an international Baccalaureate. Mature applicants without recognised university entry level academic qualifications are assessed on their experience to date.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Year 1 (Level 4) - Discoveries
- Year 2 (Level 5) - Applying and Transforming
- Year 3 (Level 6) - Experiencing Professional Practice
Scholarships & funding
The IAB offers a limited number of Talent Scholarships each year. These are available for BA (Hons) program and awarded to new students who demonstrate outstanding talent at audition. You cannot therefore apply for a Talent Scholarship, instead students will be assessed at the audition to determine if they are eligible. They are open throughout the academic year. A Talent Scholarship constitutes a reduction in fees, rather than a full fee waiver.
For more information about scholarship, please visit the institute website.
- EU/EEA/UK fee: € 10980 per year
- International fee: €15280 per year
Validated target and alternative exit awards: Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Acting
Credit Value: 360 UK credits, equivalent to 180 ECTS
The programme aims to:
- Provide its graduates with the creative, technical and professional skills, knowledge and understanding to gain and sustain employment as an actor in live and recorded arts.
- Provide its graduates with a comprehensive understanding of the key concepts, ideas and theories which impact upon and underpin theatre arts practice.
- Develop in its graduates an understanding of the social, political and cultural implications of theatre practice and an awareness of their potential role in this.
- Encourage its graduates to adopt entrepreneurial approaches to their future professional careers.
If your ambition is to continue with your studies, this degree, recognised internationally, will allow you to progress to postgraduate/Master’s degree studies at IAB or throughout Europe, the USA and beyond.
Graduates of BA (Hons) Acting have all the key skills required to begin their careers as professional actors. Your training will allow you to seize opportunities in stage, film, television, radio, musical theatre, physical theatre, community theatre practice and in arts education.
Additionally, the IAB’s international dimension means its students are well placed to take advantage of the growing global economy of the performing arts as casting is now becoming truly international.
Our graduates are sought after in the industry for their high level of skill in many areas, diversity in cultural background, adaptability, professionalism and language skills.
Graduates are working on stage and film in Barcelona, Madrid, London and Berlin. They have created their own companies, written their own work, and have progressed onto Masters programs. In a short period of time IAB graduates are making their first steps into the performing arts industry across the globe.
About this institute
Institute of the Arts Barcelona
The Institute of the Arts Barcelona (IAB) is a leading Performing Arts conservatoire offering foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Acting, Dance and Musical Theatre. The Institute is based in Sitges, approximately 30 minutes from Barcelona. Our undergraduate and postgraduate...
Why study at Institute of the Arts Barcelona
Benefits of studying at the IAB:
- International community – we are truly international, with students from over 40 different nationalities.
- We teach in English.
- UK university degree – when you graduate from our BA Hons or Master programmes you will have an internationally recognised degree from a top UK university – Liverpool John Moores University
- Great facilities in modern campus – students and lecturers love working in our light, bright and big studios.
- Frequent visits and classes by professional international lecturers and performers and choreographers – this means you have a good variety of people supporting the full time staff – same as if you were in a big city like London.
- International professional faculty.
- Located in the town of Sitges – a great place to be a student – a great quality of life on the Mediterranean Sea.
- Our Student Accomodation is just a 5 minute walk to the IAB
- Low cost of living means you won´t have the big living expenses as most cities.
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Acting? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Campbellsville, United States of America