About this program
MBA in Shipping & Logistics
The leading online master of business administration for the maritime industry
The MBA that combines quality with flexibility for future maritime industry leaders – develop your ability to perform at the highest level of business management.
The MBA in Shipping and Logistics is aimed at those aspiring to the pinnacle of executive management, with the current profile including:
- CEO, Directors and Senior Management
- Captains, Masters, Pilots
- Project Managers
- Port, Terminal, Harbour
- Chartering, Trading
- Health, Safety, Quality
- Legal, Insurance
We consider applications on their individual merits and circumstances. However, as a guide, the elements we consider when assessing the suitability of an applicant are:
- A Bachelors Degree or an equivalent qualification normally at second class honours or above - or equivalent international academic qualification.
- A minimum of two years’ relevant managerial or professional work experience since undergraduate graduation. Managerial experience means having responsibility for people and / or functions and / or relevant technical expertise.
- Candidates without an undergraduate honours degree must demonstrate significant managerial experience and may be required to submit a GMAT test result of 550 or higher. A full description of your experience is essential to show clearly your successful career path and the contribution you can make to the MBA Program.
- At least two years' experience working in the maritime industry or related sector.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a requirement for entry to the Program and evidence may need to be provided. Where English is a second language you will be required to demonstrate a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 575 or have successfully completed an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification at a recognised institution where the medium of tuition and assessment was entirely in English (proof must be provided).
- For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Module 1 - Induction
- Module 2 - Shipping Business Environment and International Trade
- Module 3 - Business Strategy
- NEW: Module 4 - Leading and Managing People
- Module 5 - Advanced International Marketing
- Module 6 - Finance and Risk Management
- NEW: Module 7 – Digitalisation in Shipping
- NEW: Module 8 – Business Transformation Project
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
We suggest around 18-20 hours per week (or 75 hours a month) will be needed to be spent on coursework, reading, discussion and assessments.
- The total tution fee for the two year MBA program is £17,000 / US$22,950 (VAT exempt).
- Anyone applying before 15 July 2022 will receive a £1000 / US$1350 discount on the program fees so don't delay your application.
What you'll learn
- Enhance and extend previous experience in business and management
- Apply existing and newly acquired knowledge and experience to complex business issues
- Prepare for leadership and transformational roles in business Improve strategic thinking and innovation skills
- Acquire improved communication, writing and time management techniques
- Demonstrate a broad perspective on organisational management and its wider impact on society and the environment
- Develop advanced knowledge of your organisation, its management and the environment in which it operates and apply this to the global maritime and related fields
- Operate and manage in a global and multicultural environment
- Develop interpersonal, networking, virtual teamwork and group management skills
- Gain higher levels of self-confidence and awareness of unique strengths and abilities
Message the school
About this institute
We are part of the Informa Connect division of Informa PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a network of Internationally respected brands that connect specialists through events, training, intelligence and scholarly publishing. Our purpose is to connect our customers to...
Want to know more about MBA in Shipping & Logistics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!