About this program
Diploma Ship Management
The leading international professional development qualification for current & future ship managers
The ideal professional development course for existing ship managers, prospective ship managers and for those who work alongside the ship management sector.
- Module 1 - Introduction to the Shipping Industry & The Role of the Ship Manager
- Module 2 - The Skills Set of a Ship Manager
- Module 3 - Maritime Legislation
- Module 4 - The Four Pillars of Quality Shipping
- Module 5 - The ISM Code - ISPS Code – PSC – IMDG Code
- Module 6 - Maritime Certification and the Inspection Bodies
- Module 7 - Maritime ISO Standards and their application
- Module 8 - Financial Controls – Budgeting
- Module 9 - Ship Types and their Operation
- Module 10 - Introduction to Cargo Calculations
- Module 11 - Case Study: Managing a Ship Management Company
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Book on or before 25 March 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £3239.10 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £3239.10 | $4373.00
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £3239.10 | $4373.00
Book after 25 March 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £3599.00 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £3599.00 | $4859.00
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £3599.00 | $4859.00
What you'll learn
- Identify the role of the ship manager within the context of the marine industry and in any relevant organisation
- Explain both the ISM and ISPS Codes and their relationship with the manager
- Understand the importance of the Four Pillars – SOLAS; MARPOL; STCW; and MLC
- Describe the linkage between quality, health, safety management and environmental systems
- Assess the management of resources and operations for vessel activities and shore resources
- Understand and apply the different demands of various ship types
- Understand and apply the relationship between Flag State; PSC; Class; Other industry bodies
- Analyse core business requirements such as accounting, customer service, law and insurance
- Create and present professional written business reports
Message the school
About this institute
We are part of the Informa Connect division of Informa PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a network of Internationally respected brands that connect specialists through events, training, intelligence and scholarly publishing. Our purpose is to connect our customers to...
Want to know more about Diploma Ship Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!