About this program
Certificate in Ship Sale & Purchase
Build your knowledge of the process of buying and selling ships.
A detailed investigation of the contracts, negotiation, preparation and completion of buying and selling ships
- Module 1 - Introduction to Sale and Purchase, Parties, Roles and Contracts
- Module 2 - The Shipbroker and Formation of the Sale and Purchase Contract
- Module 3 - The Memorandum of Agreement Part I: Details, Descriptions, Price and Inspections
- Module 4 - The Memorandum of Agreement Part II: Delivery, Documentation, Physical
- Module 5 - Condition & Dispute Resolution Choices
- Module 6 - Further Contract Terms and Different Forms of Ship Sale
- Module 7 - Managing Difficulties, Performance Guarantees and Ship Recycling
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project
Book on or before 11 March 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1619.10 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1619.10 | $2186.10
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1619.10 | $2186.10
Book after 11 March 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1799 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
What you'll learn
Ships number amongst the largest and most expensive moveable structures made by man. The process of their sale and purchase reflects this fact; there is a particular need for commercial precision.
The ship sale and purchase market is cyclical, and at times volatile. Trading conditions for ship sale and purchase, whether generally or for ships in specific sectors, can change quickly in response to global economic conditions. Where a market trend occurs in the time between signing a contract and completing the sale, one party or the other will have a commercial interest in escaping from the contract.
During this course we will develop a knowledge and understanding of ship sale and purchase, of the commercial aspects to enable effective negotiation, of the processes and of the legal framework that provides the “rules”.
Message the school
About this institute
We are part of the Informa Connect division of Informa PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a network of Internationally respected brands that connect specialists through events, training, intelligence and scholarly publishing. Our purpose is to connect our customers to...
Want to know more about Certificate in Ship Sale & Purchase? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!