About this program
Certificate in Ship Operations
Learn about the operational functions within shipping companies.
Study ship operations and the role of the shipping company operations department.
- Module 1 - Ships, Practitioners and the Maritime Industry
- Module 2 - Vessel and Voyage Operations. Part 1: Cargo, Charters and Documentation
- Module 3 - Vessel and Voyage Operations Part 2: Commercial and Post Fixture Management
- Module 4 - Crewing, Manning and Management Essentials
- Module 5 - Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Management
- Module 6 - Vessel Operations and Maintenance
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project
Book before or on 8 April 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1619.10 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1619.10 | $2186.10
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1619.10 | $2186.10
Book after 8 April 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1799 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
What you'll learn
- The maritime regulatory framework related to operations, ship and cargo types, classification, insurance, key roles and relationships and the principles of chartering.
- The concepts of vessel and voyage operations.
- Dealing with commercial voyage management, bunker management procurement (or purchasing), handling disbursement accounts, post-fixture issues and analysis including freight collection and checking Master’s General Accounts.
- The human element of shipping, discussing people management and highlighting the importance of human resources planning.
- The current legislation in effect, and how the industry relies on this legislation.
- The vessel operations from an owner’s perspective. Ship management involves all activities that maximise the operational efficiency and physical condition of a vessel throughout its working life in compliance with the requirements of industry regulations.
Message the school
About this institute
We are part of the Informa Connect division of Informa PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a network of Internationally respected brands that connect specialists through events, training, intelligence and scholarly publishing. Our purpose is to connect our customers to...
Want to know more about Certificate in Ship Operations? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!