About this program
Certificate in Marine Pollution Prevention & Management
Gain the knowledge and tools essential for managing marine pollution.
Explore pollution issues, regulations, management strategies and contingency planning to minimise the environmental impact of shipping and offshore activities.
- Module 1 – Pollution in Context: Causes and Effects, Governance, Regulations and Enforcement
- Module 2 – Air Pollution and Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Module 3 – Ballast Water and Other Marine Pollutants
- Module 4 – Oil Pollution and Offshore Activities
- Module 5 – Measurement and Management Systems
- Module 6 – Legal Issues, Including Insurance and Compensation
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project
Book on or before 4 February 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1619.10 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1619.10 | $2186.10
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1619.10 | $2186.10
Book after 4 February 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1799 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
What you'll learn
- The nature of casualties involving ships, pollution risks from vessels in distress, international, regional and local bodies, marine pollution control law, classification societies and salvors.
- Air pollution problem and overview of regulatory and non regulatory emission control initiatives
- Environmental threats from the use of ballast water, anti-fouling systems, chemical pollution, bilge water/waste oil, ship scrapping and recycling.
- The fundamentals of oil pollution, pollution risks in offshore oil and gas operations
- The international instruments, the concept of limitation of liability in shipping, assessment and handling of claims, criminal liability, including prosecution and detention, US approach to liability and compensation and presents synthesis and application of lessons learnt through case studies.
Message the school
About this institute
We are part of the Informa Connect division of Informa PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a network of Internationally respected brands that connect specialists through events, training, intelligence and scholarly publishing. Our purpose is to connect our customers to...
Want to know more about Certificate in Marine Pollution Prevention & Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!