Bachelor of Science in Electrical EngineeringIndiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
All available course dates
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
This 124 credit hour, 4 year program gives students a broad based foundation in the field of electrical engineering. Students are prepared to design, develop and manage processes, systems and components related to communication and signal processing, power systems, control and robotics, manufacturing, and microelectronics.
Students graduate from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering with a high level of technical proficiency and valuable hands-on experience. Graduates typically work as the following types of engineers: chief, design, development, experimental, instrumentation, project and test. They are also involved in product design and prototyping and are well-prepared for leadership positions.
The program has many opportunities for students to do innovative hands-on work such as independent study, internship, cooperative education, and undergraduate research.
The Bachelor's degree experience is concluded with a two-semester sequence of Senior Design courses, in which teams of students will apply their engineering knowledge on a real-world project which is often submitted by engineers in industry.
Admission Requirements for Freshman Students
We use the following standards when making admission decisions:
- You have completed or will complete secondary school by the time of enrollment;
- No grade point average guarantees admission to IUPUI. We look for applicants who have demonstrated a "B" average or above average grades, with strong grades in math and science;
- SAT or ACT exam scores are not required for admission nor our merit scholarships. However, scores may be required for competitive scholarships.
- You must meet our English language Proficiency standards.
Secondary School Graduation
You must earn a diploma from an accredited secondary school or examination results that show an equivalent level of academic achievement such as “O” levels or a general equivalency diploma (GED) to be eligible for admission. If you are homeschooled or attend an alternative school, you should submit credentials that demonstrate equivalent levels of achievement and ability.
English Language Requirements
You may demonstrate your English proficiency by submitting any of the following test results within two years of the test date.
- TOEFL (iBT) -60
- IELTS - 5.5
- SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing) - 410
- ACT (English) School - 17
- Duolingo English Test - 90 Due to recent cancellations of English language proficiency test dates, we will accept (for a limited time) Duolingo English Test (DET) scores issued after July 15, 2019.
- IUPUI Program for Intensive English (PIE) - Level 5
- Any ELS center located in the US or Canada - Level 109
- GCSE or GCE O Level in English language - Grades A-C
- International Baccalaureate - Higher Level English A1 or A2 Certificate, grade of 4 or higher
- Freshman English Composition Course - "C" grade or higher (equivalent to IUPUI W131) from a regionally accredited U.S. University
- English Speaking Countries - If you have completed your secondary education in one of these countries
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
Total tuition fee: $48,393 per year
These student outcomes address the abilities of our students upon graduation. Engineering programs must demonstrate that their students attain the following outcomes:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
About this institute
Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) in Indiana, USA, is considered the state’s premier urban research university. Combining the resources of two prestigious universities with a downtown location, IUPUI offers students the opportunity to earn a respected degree from Indiana University...
Why study at Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis
There are students from over 140 countries represented on campus, making us one of the most diverse in the nation. Additionally, IUPUI is the only university in the United States with two universities on one campus, meaning you get the benefits of being both an Indiana University (IU) and a Purdue University student. Depending on your major, you receive either an IU or a Purdue degree.
You can receive a world-class education, large merit-based scholarships, and study close to major business hubs that frequently recruit students for internships and jobs. Lastly, this is a great location for anyone that would prefer living in a city instead of a college town.
Want to know more about Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Potsdam, United States of America
Chicago, United States of America