Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity and Trusted SystemsIndiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis
Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity and Trusted Systems
All available course dates
About this program
Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity and Trusted Systems
According to the 2019 Ponemon Data Breach Report, the cost of a data breach in the United States rose to $8.19 million, with the time to identify and contain the breach at 279 days. Additionally, Ponemon stated malicious breaches are the most common at over 50%. The need to educate and train the workforce in Indiana is reaching a critical mass. Companies must have the expertise to secure their data and infrastructure as well as educate employees on the importance of protecting data. Indianapolis area has seen the growth of Cybersecurity and Information Assurance related companies in recent years. In addition to the existing big health related companies such as Lilly and Anthem, there have been more technological oriented companies expanding in the central Indiana region (e.g., Genesys, Salesforce, etc.) and some major corporations such as Pondurance, Simon Property Group, LLC., and Infosys. All of these companies will need to hire workers with knowledge intensive skill sets. Moreover, concerns of security are no longer limited to IT related companies; the need to monitor and adhere to good cybersecurity principles is pervasive not just in IT, but engineering, health, automotive, manufacturing, etc.
This BS in Cybersecurity program will prepare you to enter the workforce in the rapidly advancing field of cybersecurity, to enable you to address the security challenges and risks that industries encounters daily. Cybersecurity is a multidisciplinary area: it is a combination of information technology, computing, and engineering. This program will provide a solid, comprehensive background in the related topics of cybersecurity engineering and their applications.
Admission Requirements for Freshman Students
We use the following standards when making admission decisions:
- You have completed or will complete secondary school by the time of enrollment;
- No grade point average guarantees admission to IUPUI. We look for applicants who have demonstrated a "B" average or above average grades, with strong grades in math and science;
- SAT or ACT exam scores are not required for admission nor our merit scholarships. However, scores may be required for competitive scholarships.
- You must meet our English language Proficiency standards.
Secondary School Graduation
You must earn a diploma from an accredited secondary school or examination results that show an equivalent level of academic achievement such as “O” levels or a general equivalency diploma (GED) to be eligible for admission. If you are homeschooled or attend an alternative school, you should submit credentials that demonstrate equivalent levels of achievement and ability.
English Language Requirements
You may demonstrate your English proficiency by submitting any of the following test results within two years of the test date.
- TOEFL (iBT) -60
- IELTS - 5.5
- SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing) - 410
- ACT (English) School - 17
- Duolingo English Test - 90 Due to recent cancellations of English language proficiency test dates, we will accept (for a limited time) Duolingo English Test (DET) scores issued after July 15, 2019.
- IUPUI Program for Intensive English (PIE) - Level 5
- Any ELS center located in the US or Canada - Level 109
- GCSE or GCE O Level in English language - Grades A-C
- International Baccalaureate - Higher Level English A1 or A2 Certificate, grade of 4 or higher
- Freshman English Composition Course - "C" grade or higher (equivalent to IUPUI W131) from a regionally accredited U.S. University
- English Speaking Countries - If you have completed your secondary education in one of these countries
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Primary Cybersecurity courses
- Network O/S Administration
- Advanced Network Security
- Advanced Network Administration
- Offensive Cybersecurity
- Digital Forensics
- Applied Security Protocols
- IT Risk Assessment
- Wireless Security
Elective Cybersecurity courses
- Database Programming
- Database Security
- Unix Programming & Admin
- Design and Implementation of Local Area Networks
Foundation Cybersecurity courses
- Prog Constructs Laboratory
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Information Tech Architecture
- Data Communications
- Networking Fundamentals
- Info Security Fundamentals
- Web Site Design
- Intro to Data Management
- Programming for NetSec
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
Total tuition fee: $48,393 per year
The BS in Cybersecurity degree prepares students for Cybersecurity careers. Students complete courses on a wide spectrum of skills, ranging from Malware analysis and reversing to Intrusion detection, from Risk analysis and mitigation to Thinking like a black hat, and from Security data analytics to Cloud and AI security. This Cybersecurity Engineering and Technology knowledge and experience will provide graduate many career opportunities. This Cybersecurity skillset is in demand and well remunerated in Central Indiana and elsewhere in the United States.
- Information Security Analyst
- Forensic Science Technician
- Security Software Developer
- Security Administrator
- Information Security Specialist
Message the school
About this institute
Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) in Indiana, USA, is considered the state’s premier urban research university. Combining the resources of two prestigious universities with a downtown location, IUPUI offers students the opportunity to earn a respected degree from Indiana University...
Why study at Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis
There are students from over 140 countries represented on campus, making us one of the most diverse in the nation. Additionally, IUPUI is the only university in the United States with two universities on one campus, meaning you get the benefits of being both an Indiana University (IU) and a Purdue University student. Depending on your major, you receive either an IU or a Purdue degree.
You can receive a world-class education, large merit-based scholarships, and study close to major business hubs that frequently recruit students for internships and jobs. Lastly, this is a great location for anyone that would prefer living in a city instead of a college town.
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
Want to know more about Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity and Trusted Systems? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
You may also like...