About this program
The Imperial Executive MBA in London
Our Executive MBA is a 22-month part-time programme designed for leaders in a technology-driven world. It will give you a thorough knowledge of essential business disciplines and strategic leadership skills, opportunities to specialise in your areas of expertise and experiences to develop your global perspective on business.
The entry requirements for the MBA are as follows
Typically 10 years’ relevant postgraduate work experience, however, candidates with over eight years’ relevant experience can be exceptionally considered.
The Executive MBA programme is ideal for candidates in a senior role who have a clear path to accelerate their career, and the support of their employer in achieving these aims. Employer support may involve full or partial funding, provision of study leave and the opportunity for you to apply your Executive MBA learning within your company.
Work experience should include significant management experience, which may include line, project or matrix management.
You’ll need one of the following:
- A good undergraduate degree from a recognised university – typically at least a UK Second Class Honours or the international equivalent or an acceptable professional qualification:
- Full membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in the UK or Ireland (ICAEW, ICAS or Chartered Accountants Ireland)
- Full membership of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accounting (CIPFA)
- Associateship or Fellowship of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA
- Full membership of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
English language requirement (if applicable)
The English language entry requirements listed here are the minimum scores needed for admission, successful students typically demonstrate higher levels of achievement.
A full list of acceptable English language qualifications and our required scores can be found on our detailed English language requirement page,but most applicants meet the requirement in one of the following ways:
- IELTS (academic): A minimum score of 7.0 with minimum scores of 6.5 in all elements. The IELTS indicator test will be accepted for admissions to the 2023/24 academic year.
- TOEFL iBT: A minimum score of 100 overall with minimum scores of 22 in all elements. The ETS at Home test will be accepted for admission to the 2023/24 academic year.
- Duolingo English Test: 125 Overall with no less than 115 in any band score
- Degree studied in and awarded by an English-speaking country.
A Tier 4 visa is not required for this programme. A short-term study visa is required for the on campus periods of the programme if you are an international student from a country outside the EU or EEA.
If you are made an offer for a place on the Global Online MBA our team will provide all the relevant visa information and guide you through the process.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The Executive MBA (EMBA) is a 22-month part-time programme designed for leaders in a technology-driven world. The EMBA's unique blend of on-campus learning and online study tools will give you a thorough knowledge of essential business disciplines, opportunities to specialise in your areas of expertise and experiences to develop your global perspective on business.
How will I be learning on the Executive MBA?
You will take part in three sessions on campus every four weeks on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Online pre-study modules
- Induction - compulsory
- Core 1 modules*
- Executive Leadership Journey
- Core 2 modules**
- International residencies
- Final Project
*As part of your Executive MBA programme, you will complete core modules that cover the general functions of management, explore essential business topics and equip you with the skills to be an effective and inspiring leader in your field. Each module provides you with a solid grounding in business theory and practice. The emphasis is on applied learning, giving you a chance to test your understanding through case studies and simulations. You will be placed in diverse syndicate groups. These groups consist of students from a variety of cultural and industry backgrounds to ensure that you gain the widest possible perspective from the MBA experience.
- Accounting and Corporate Reporting Analysis
- Managerial Economics
- Marketing Management
- Organisational Behaviour
Each module provides you with a solid grounding in business theory and practice. The emphasis is on applied learning, giving you a chance to test your understanding through case studies and simulations. You will be placed in diverse syndicate groups. These groups consist of students from a variety of cultural and industry backgrounds to ensure that you gain the widest possible perspective from the MBA experience.
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Innovation and Intrapreneurship
- Responsible Leadership and Corporate Success
Scholarships & funding
Imperial College Business School is pleased to offer significant scholarship funding to our most talented applicants. A range of scholarships are available and all self-funded candidates can be considered for all scholarship schemes for which they meet the eligibility criteria, entry requirements and application deadlines.
Once each scholarship deadline has passed candidates that have applied in conjunction with the application round and been offered a place, will be invited to apply for the awards on offer. Awards will be made in each application round but a limited number are available, so we recommend applying early.
Scholarships available for 2024 entry
- Black Future Leader Award
- Dean’s Impact Scholarship
- Imperial Excellence Scholarship
- LGBTQ+ Scholarship
- Women’s Scholarships
The fees for both UK and international students are the same.
Message the school
About this institute
Imperial College Business School
At Imperial College Business School, we offer undergraduate, postgraduate and MBA programs to inspire intelligent and creative minds from a diverse range of backgrounds to be the world’s future business leaders. As part of Imperial College London, a global leader...
Want to know more about Executive MBA? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!