Bachelor of Social Science
Employers seek flexible, well-informed graduates who are sophisticated communicators and analytical thinkers. The Bachelor of Social Science offered at IIE MSA is designed to enable students to develop such qualities.
The world of work is changing rapidly and students will need to take a global outlook and be adaptable in order to succeed. This programme provides a rich basis of skills and knowledge for graduates to apply directly within the workplace, or to build on through further studies in Honours or a postgraduate program.
With the skills and knowledge developed through their degree, graduates will be equipped to apply for positions in a diverse range of fields. These include journalism and publishing, business research and analysis, public relations and marketing, human resources, training and development, administrative positions, public or civil services, diplomacy, public policy makers, social and community services, counselling, social welfare and psychological services.
International Entry Requirements
- You must be at least 17 years old when you enrol (applications may be made while you are 16).
- Our classes are taught and assessed in English. View the English language requirements.
- Entrance scores are indicative only and subject to change annually.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Sophisticated communication, analytical thinking and flexibility are the qualities you can expect to graduate with after completing the Bachelor of Social Science. With skills like these you will be equipped to move into roles in areas including:
- Journalism, public relations, marketing, branding and advertising
- Criminal justice, policy development and human services
- The police, courts and corrections
- Government departments and Non-governmental organizations
- Restorative justice processes, victim counselling and employee assistance programmes
- Field work, addressing geographical and environmental problems
- International relations, foreign policy and politics (local and national)
- Psychology, counselling and societal development
- Research and academia.
Fees are subject to change annually.
Tuition fees is ZAR 86,777.00 (5,816.71 USD) per annum
About this institute
Earn an internationally relevant degree in South Africa
Monash South Africa (MSA) was founded in 2001 and is located on a 100 hectare site in Ruimsig, north-west of Johannesburg, in the province of Gauteng. Since 2019 MSA became a leading brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE) and is...
Want to know more about Bachelor of Social Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...