Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Description of Doctor of Oriental Medicine (O.M.D.)
Become a doctor of oriental medicine (O.M.D.)
This is a 1.5 year course conducted by the Indian Board of Alternative Medicines and is duly registered by the Government of West Bengal under Act XXVI based on the Central Government Act XXI of 1860. Students completing the O.M.D. course become a Registered Practitioner – RMP(IBAM) under Rule 7A of IBAM and can practice anywhere in India under Article 19(1)g of the Constitution of India.
International students or Indian students migrating abroad can apply for government attestation of the certificate with the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India and the Ministry of External Affairs (Foreign Ministry), Government of India on completion of the course for using it internationally. Students will also be eligible to register as a Holistic Health Practitioner and practice in U.S.A., Canada, U.K. (Europe), Australia and New Zealand on completion of the program.
The curriculum for the oriental medicine program is:
- History, Philosophy and Principles of Oriental /Traditional / Natural Medicine
- Natural Health and Hygiene
- Botanical / Herbal Medicine
- Natural Dietetics and Nutrition
- Yoga, Meditation, Massage and Physiotherapy
- Anatomy and Physiology (Human Body Structure and Functions)
- Comparitive and In-Depth Studies of Naturopathy with Homeopathy and Ayurveda
- First Aid (Emergencies)
- Medical Jurisprudence and Ethics
- Methods of Nature Cure (Hydrotherapy, Choromotherapy, Heliotherapy, Fasting, etc.)
- Gynaecology, Embryology and Maternity
- Pathology and Laboratory Diagnosis
- Clinical Diagnosis
- Acupressure, Reflexology and Acupuncture
- Oriental Medicine
- Oriental Diagnosis
- Management of Health Problems (Health Solutions)
Applicants wishing to enter this program should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline
*For practitioners and research workers who are practicing for the last 5 years, the minimum basic qualification is exempted.
Tuition & fees
US $1900 / Rs. 93100
Indian Board of Alternative Medicine - IBAM
The Indian Board of Alternative Medicine (IBAM) is registered by the government of India as an internationally recognized alternative medical school. Offering programs in alternative and complementary medicine, holistic medicine, natural medicine, holistic healing, holistic health, natural healing, and natural health, IBAM...