About this program
You grew up glued to ESPN. You know your favorite team's stats like the back of your hand. And you can easily reel off a list of your all time favorite play calls. Can you turn this personal love of the game into a professional career? You can as a sports journalist.
Truthfully, it's a competitive field. But competition is one of the most exciting aspects of sports, isn't it? And when you study Sports Journalism at the NESCom, you gain a solid grounding in the competitive skills you need to become a capable Sports Journalist. You'll also get real hands-on experience, including:
- Play-by-play with color, sports reporting, writing for print, radio, TV and web.
- Video Production skills
- Anchoring skills
In addition to the admission requirements outlined in the application for admission, first-year international applicants must submit official copies of one test that assesses English competency. Husson University accepts the TOEFL (minimum score of 75) or IELTS (minimum score 6). Students who have been studying in a total English immersion environment for two or more years may replace the test of English competency with the SAT or ACT. In addition, after acceptance, students will complete an English and Math Placement Exam prior to class placement. Assessments help to ensure course placements that provide the strongest support for academic success.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
NESCom Core Classes
- Computer Applications for Digital Media
- Career Preparation
- Media Law and Regulation
Sports Journalism Concentration Requirements
- Interpersonal Communication
- Web Design for Non-Majors
- Intro to News Reporting
- Radio News Writing and Reporting
- Radio News Lab
- Producing/Hosting Public Affairs Show for Radio
- TV News Writing & Reporting
- Reporting and Writing for Web and Print
- Web Reporting
- Feature Writing
- Cross Cultural Communication
- Social Media Marketing
- Professional Blogging
- Mass Communications Internship
- Data Exploration & Visualization
- Reporting and Producing TV News
- Producing and Hosting a Public Affairs Show
- Intro to Video Production
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Regular undergraduate tuition: $612 per credit hour or $18,972 for a full-load
- Summer School: $550 per credit hour
- Magazine Sports Reporter
- Newspaper Sports Editor
- Newspaper Sports Reporter
- Radio/TV Sports Show Host
- Radio/TV Sports Show Producer
- Radio Sports Reporter
- Radio Sports Play-by-Play Announcer
- Radio Sports Director
- Sports Information Specialist
- TV Sports Anchor
- TV Sports Director
- TV Sports Play-by-Play Announcer
- TV Sports Reporter
- Web Sports Play-by-Play Announcer
- Web Sports Reporter
Message the school
About this institute
At Husson University, it’s all about you. You won’t be lost in a crowd. You’ll learn from professors who care about you. You’ll learn hands-on, earning a degree and skills that will prepare you for a rewarding, successful career. Best...
Want to know more about Sports Journalism? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!